Max-May2005-Feb 18 2011

Share your story about your rescue dog -good or bad

Moderators: CarolynM, janrobinson

cathy22

Max-May2005-Feb 18 2011

Post by cathy22 »

Hello to all, I have never actually commented on this site before but we adopted a Golden from Jan in oct 2007 called Max. He quickly became the big baby of the household and thoroughly spoilt. He loved his walks on the beach or in the woods chasing squirrels. Thousands and thousands of memories, but not enough. It is with great sadness that I write this as we have had to have our beloved boy put to sleep. He went off his food about a month ago (very unmax like) and after numerous tests and ops we discovered he had cancer and felt we couldnt let him go through anymore, he was so brave he would have fought longer but we didnt want him to suffer so we set him free...one of the hardest things i have ever had to do in my life ...crying now because i dont know what Im going to do without my gorgeous boy at my side...all of you who have your babies at your side give them huge hugs and kisses..I have been honoured to have known this beautiful boy I only wish it could have been for much much longer. Jan I thank you for bringing him into our lives. God bless you all. Cathy Johnson x
Hel_Pen

Re: Max-May2005-Feb 18 2011

Post by Hel_Pen »

Hello,

So sorry to hear your saddest of news. Goldens touch your heart in such a wonderful way, but are not blessed with long enough lives. After losing my beloved Daisy to cancer around 18 monthd ago I share your pain. She took a piece of my heart as Max will have yours. I hope given time you will be able to remember all the good times with Max and give another Golden a happy and wonderful life.

:love4

Helen, Jazz, Merlin and Daisy in memoriam.
lynn wise
Senior User
Senior User

Post by lynn wise »

Hello Cathy, and welcome to the site. Sorry that is in such heart breaking circumstances. Thankyou for giving Max a wonderful life, and for being so kind at the end. Always such a hard decision to have to make, but to put the dog first is so admirable.
I'm sure that over time, your memories will be so full of love and joy at having had your boy. It is never long enough to enjoy their company, but all we can do is remember the good times, and they will out weigh the sadness given time.
As Helen says, they take a piece of your heart with them.
Take Care, and a big hug. :bighug:
janrobinson
Rescue Co-ordinator
Rescue Co-ordinator

Post by janrobinson »

You are in our thoughts at this very sad time.
bonnybilbo

Post by bonnybilbo »

So sorry to read about your lovely boy.I lost My Golden Boy Barney 9 days ago. He came to me through Jan too and i had only had him 10 months but I cried buckets and now I've started again after reading your post! They take a huge part of your heart with them don't they and you feel it will never mend.I'm sure like Barney your Max is running healthy and carefree over the Bridge.
Ellas mum
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Ellas mum »

Hello Cathy and welcome.

I am so very sorry to read of your sad loss of Max. How difficult it is to make the decision to let them go, but you did the kindest thing and let him go with dignity, peace, and your love. As you have said, you have thousands of wonderful memories and they will sustain you and help you through your loss, and Max will always be with you.

Thinking of you all, Ella's mum :love4
lenny
Senior User
Senior User

Post by lenny »

So sorry to read of your sad loss, max must have had a wonderful and loving time with you.Your memories of the time you shared together, will stay in your heart forever, that's what all goldens do.I do hope time will ease your pain, and the good memories will bring a smile back to your face.Most of us on here have suffered the loss of a much loved pet, and share your pain and we here at our home send you our love at your sad time. :love5
Cobi and Ginnies Mum

Post by Cobi and Ginnies Mum »

Thinking about you Cathy.........hugs from Ginnie and Cobi :love5
superjazz

Post by superjazz »

So sorry Cathy to read of your sad loss. Our thoughts are with you at this sad time.
Pat , Syd . Jazz & Candy
sammingtonsmythes

Post by sammingtonsmythes »

So very very sorry Cathy my heart goes out to you at this sad time.It really is an honour to have these beautiful creatures in our lives even though it is sometimes fleeting.
Thinking of you
love Diane,Elle and Monty
cathy22

Post by cathy22 »

Thanks for all of your kind replies, right now i need to feel part of a family who know what I am going through, never imagined for one moment it would be as hard as this.xxxx :cry3:
milo's mum

Post by milo's mum »

you have our deepest sympathy. three weeks ago we also made the same decision as you did. milo was 11 years young (in his head). we are also crying as we write this. they bring us so much love and it isn't completely unconditional though is it (they do like their treats, don't they?). we wish you the very best.
cathy22

Post by cathy22 »

I am so so sorry for your loss, it feels like your whole life is thrown out of kilter, I am thinking about you x
lenny
Senior User
Senior User

To all who have lost a golden

Post by lenny »

Moved to poems.