Ellie poorly

Share your story about your rescue dog -good or bad

Moderators: CarolynM, janrobinson

Cobi and Ginnies Mum

Re: Ellie poorly

Post by Cobi and Ginnies Mum »

We've been thinking about you.......... :love4 pleased to hear your news about the harness.

........been down to Malvern for the day to see friends, prior to seeing them dogs walked over the common, lovely sunny mild day, but I said that they were not having a swim as Ginnie (and Cobi) would be in the car for a couple of hours sitting on wet vet beds !!!! Cobi must have heard me.... she up ends herself and rolls in foxsshh, she is getting to be so predictable.........both of them enjoyed their swim. :1967
sammingtonsmythes

Post by sammingtonsmythes »

:1968 Oh no !Well they got what they wanted didn't they.Don't they always!!
Sounds like a nice day out apart from the Fox***t.Thank you for thinking about us.We managed to get Ellie to pee outside this evening, eventually.Have moved her into the doorway of the lounge so we can all relax properly.Thank goodness for vet beds!Will be sleeping in the dining room tonight-like being on holiday-not! :love4 Hugs to Cobi and Ginnie
Samsmum

Post by Samsmum »

Hello Diane,
Haven't been on the site for a few days - so sorry to hear about Ellie. Do hope the harness works and that she is much more comfortable now. It is so stressful seeing dogs struggling. Thinking about you and hoping for much improvement soon.
Best wishes to you and a hug for Ellie - Samsmum (Joyce)
sammingtonsmythes

Thank you so much Joyce very kind of you.She's quite comfortable and we have high hopes for her.
Big hugs to Sam from Ellie & Monty
:love6
Wednesday 16th Ellie has taken her first shaky steps she is amazing!
sammingtonsmythes

Hi again
Update on Ellie.She is pottering around, a bit drunk but generally following me everywhere now with her tail wagging-very pleased with herself.
I slept in our bed with Ellie on the floor next to me and Monty (bless him he is good) on his own in their room.We had a new bed delivered yesterday so i am in complete heaven now beats the floor anyhow!!The capacity for them to heal just amazes me really.Ellies love of food has definately helped.When the vet called today she walked quite a distance for a treat.She has been on some medication which increases the blood flow to the brain and i am sure this has helped.
Thank you all for your lovely messages and encouragement can't tell you how much they have been appreciated.Still a long way to go but we are so happy!! :1951:
lots of love Diane,Andy,Ellie and Monty
Ellie says thank you!! :2362:
hairydog

Post by hairydog »

Great news so pleased for you... :1939:
janrobinson
Rescue Co-ordinator
Rescue Co-ordinator

Post by janrobinson »

So pleased to hear the good news. :love4
Ellas mum
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Ellas mum »

So pleased Ellie is on the mend Diane, :bighug: s all around.
sammingtonsmythes

Thank you my friends :bighug: to you all too.Even more active today.We are all very relieved and happy! :love6
superjazz

Post by superjazz »

So pleased to hear the great news.
P, S, J & C
:1963 :1963
Samsmum

Post by Samsmum »

Wonderful news! Hope the improvement continues.
Love to you all samsmum (Joyce) :hello1:
lenny
Senior User
Senior User

Post by lenny »

We are so glad to hear Ellie is still improving by the day. hopefully she will make a full recovery, or at least be able to enjoy a happy rest of her life, with her adopted family who obviously love her very much :love5
sammingtonsmythes

Unbelievably just a week after Ellie's stroke she is almost back to normal.Throwing herself around the house there is nothing that she can't do that she wasn't doing before, just a little bit wobbly.I am sure this will eventually go.We have a lot to be thankful for. :1958:
Thanks for all your encouragement everyone. :2362:
lynn wise
Senior User
Senior User

Post by lynn wise »

Really good news Diane after such a worrying time for you. May it continue to get better,
:love6
hairydog

Post by hairydog »

Great news so pleased for you all... :1945: