Sam the fan!!

Share your story about your rescue dog -good or bad

Moderators: CarolynM, janrobinson

Samsmum

Sam the fan!!

Post by Samsmum »

Hello Friends!
I had such a laugh yesterday. A friend of mine, Bernard, is a singer and he came over yesterday to run through some songs with me. I was sitting at the piano and Bernard was three or four feet behind me, and unbeknown to me, Sam had quietly come into the room.
Mid-song, Bernard said "Just glance behind you", so I did, and there was Sam lying on the floor in front of Bernard, with his paw on one of Bernard's feet and he was gazing right up at him - I don't know whether it was admiration at adoration, but whatever, his expression and his eyes were a picture! Bernard said "Gee, I've got a fan!!" and we both burst out laughing.
Samsmum (Joyce)
ceitadh

Re: Sam the fan!!

Post by ceitadh »

Hello Joyce, maybe Sam loved the song and was appreciating the music. Katie used to do the same thing. But to be honest I think that it is adoration,love. Sometimes we would all be sitting quietly doing what ever we like doing and if you looked up Katie would be looking at you,she would look at all three of us individually and to be honest it was almost a look of contentment to just be chilling with her family if you know what I mean. Can't tell you how much we miss her.

Audrey,Gordon and Louise.
Samsmum

Post by Samsmum »

Hello Audrey and family,
Having read your message, it occurred to me that there used to be an old saying that "music soothes the savage breast" or something like that. When Sam came to us he was very frightened and traumatised. I wonder if all the music in our home (David is also a musician) helped to calm Sam down and speed up his settling down with us.
He always sits nearby when I am teaching or playing and the same when David is playing.
Perhaps there is something in the old saying after all, which applies not only to humans but also to dogs.
Hope you are beginning to get over your loss of Katie, and maybe soon you will feel able to give another lovely Golden a forever home.
Best wishes to all - Samsmum (Joyce)
janrobinson
Rescue Co-ordinator
Rescue Co-ordinator

Post by janrobinson »

I think Sam is just content to be around the people he loves and trusts, whatever they are doing :love4
superjazz

Post by superjazz »

Hello Joyce , Jazz loves Sea Shanties !!!!
P, S J & C
Samsmum

Post by Samsmum »

Hello there!
I'm not surprised Jazz likes Sea Shanties with all the fishing he does. He's a wonderfully talented dog, and long may he continue to fish.
Best wishes - Joyce. :thumbleft :hello1: