Ellie another stroke

Share your story about your rescue dog -good or bad

Moderators: CarolynM, janrobinson

sammingtonsmythes

Ellie another stroke

Post by sammingtonsmythes »

Hello Everyone
not good news for us this morning Ellie has had another stroke.The last one was in march so it is hopeful she will recover completely again.Its not as bad as the last one so fingers crossed the next 48 hours should see an improvement.She is eating ok which was a problem last time.We are being realistic that at 13 1/2 we won't have her forever but Ellie is such a strong girl and a fighter.She lives for her food.Still enjoying life and going for walks.She is quite settled which helps.Not going to be a good week but we will do whatever needs doing for her.Making sure she is not suffering.The vets say it is far worse for us than her.
love to all
Diane,Andy,Ellie and Monty
xxxx
lenny
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Ellie another stroke

Post by lenny »

So sorry to here about Ellie, we hope she recovers very soon and gets back to good health, we send you our love at this worrying time, Come on Ellie,we are all willing you a speedy recovery.
Lenny Celia Emily and Snowy. :love2 :2362:
janrobinson
Rescue Co-ordinator
Rescue Co-ordinator

Post by janrobinson »

Hi Diane, so sorry to hear your news but I am sure with all your love and care she will overcome this again. I am thinking of you :love5
Steve
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Steve »

Hello Diane, sorry to hear your news I do hope Ellie is ok thinking of you, best wishes steve.
milo's mum

Post by milo's mum »

I am sorry to hear about Ellie, Diane. I do hope she recovers well. will be thinking of you all .
jo
superjazz

Post by superjazz »

Best wishes to Ellie , as she is a fighter we hope whe recovers from this set back. Our very best wishes.
P, S, J & C
lynn wise
Senior User
Senior User

Post by lynn wise »

Sorry to hear this news Diane, hope all goes well for Ellie. Feel sure that with your care she will once again pull through this.
Our thoughts are with you.
Lynn and David. W and W.
:love4
Cobi and Ginnies Mum

Post by Cobi and Ginnies Mum »

Diane
We are so sorry to hear about your news and we are all thinking about you and send Ellie our love :love4

Lynda, Les and Cobi :love4
Samsmum

Post by Samsmum »

Please get well soon Ellie - our thoughts and good wishes are with you all. Hope for good news soon.
Samsmum (Joyce)
ceitadh

Post by ceitadh »

So sorry to hear about Ellie hope she gets better very soon.

Audrey,Gordon and Louise :bighug:
sammingtonsmythes

Post by sammingtonsmythes »

Thank you so very much everybody for your lovely messages of support.Am writing this after midnight!I don't know how i'd manage without all my lovely friends on the forum.So sorry for being so late getting back to you but it's been a bit hectic!!You will be pleased to know that Ellie is rallying again.Back on her feet albeit a bit drunken.She dragged herself across the room to greet the postman on Monday to get her daily biscuit.The vet was here and couldn't believe it!
Every day she is stronger and less wobbly.She is such a trooper.Loving sleeping in our room at night.Monty has been such a a good boy.Not minding sleeping on his own.Even though she is unsteady she is still seeking out crumbs everywhere.Looking like she will make another full recovery.yey!!
Love to you all for your unfailing support
Diane & Andy
Ellie & Monty
xxxx
x68
Cobi and Ginnies Mum

Post by Cobi and Ginnies Mum »

Love to you all :love4 .....especially Ellie ....where there's food there's a way Ellie :love4
Steve
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Steve »

Hi Diane, thats sounds like good news, thank you for letting us know :bighug: for Ellie and Monty.
:s26: steve.
lynn wise
Senior User
Senior User

Post by lynn wise »

Good News Diane, so pleased for Ellie. Tummy seems to be her forte, keep it up Ellie.
:bighug:
Samsmum

Post by Samsmum »

Thank you Diane for the good news! Ellie is certainly a fighter isn't she? Hope the good progress continues.
All the best to you all for Christmas.
God Bless - Samsmum (Joyce) :s21: