Too Hot to Handle!

Share your story about your rescue dog -good or bad

Moderators: CarolynM, janrobinson

Samsmum

Too Hot to Handle!

Post by Samsmum »

Hello Friends!
I am Sam, and I have lived very happily with Joyce and David for four-and-a-half years.
Well, Christmas is coming and preparations have been made (don't know what Santa Claus is bringing, but ever hopeful!!), and the party season has begun.
My Mum and Dad had a party last Sunday with lots of friends and neighbours here (one or two of whom kindly slipped me a taste of something good!! Bless them!
Mum put a dish on the coffee table with something in it which smelt very good.
Now at my previous home I was taught never to steal food, and Mum and Dad will verify that I never have since I came to live with them - I do try to be a good boy!
Well this dish that Mum put out looked very inviting and as I said, it smelled nice. The dish was left there until Monday morning and it was by no means empty, and I thought no-one would notice if I discreetly sampled the stuff.
I sidled up to the dish when I thought no-one was looking, cocked my head carefully to one side and dipped my tongue in. Oh! How I wished I hadn't!!
I really messed up - it was stuck in my whiskers, and I had spilled some on the coffee table, and my tongue burned something awful!
My Dad came in and noticed the bits on the coffee table and said to Mum "I think Sam's been in this Bombay Mix - just look at this, and it's all in his whiskers too!!"
Well, I don't care what they leave on the coffee table in future - I won't be dipping my tongue in it!
I have learned my lesson.
Please warn your lovely Goldens that Bombay Mix is really too hot to handle!!!!
Do hope you all have a Wonderful Christmas and a Very Good New Year - Sam.
P.S. I think these Gingerbread Men would be more to my taste!! x96 x97 x69 x98
lynn wise
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Too Hot to Handle!

Post by lynn wise »

Oh Sam what a star. :1968 :2029: :2007:
Steve
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Steve »

Hi Sam, "JB" started on chicken tikka, progressed to jalfrezi, but really loved his dads home made chilli. x25
superjazz

Post by superjazz »

Lovely story Sam. I hope it was not followed by "Blazing Saddles "
Have a good treat laden Christmas Sam.

P, S, J & C
janrobinson
Rescue Co-ordinator
Rescue Co-ordinator

Post by janrobinson »

I am sure that was Mum's fault not yours Sam. You are such a good boy :love4 x32
milo's mum

Post by milo's mum »

oh you poor boy. not used to the spicy stuff eh? mum will have to keep it out of the way in future.
the first night we brought milo home we had a curry and a pint at home. the lager was in a glass and he promptly stuck his head in and began to sup- he obviously had a taste for this from his previous owner. as for the curry i have never seen a dog so excited over a curry ( jumping up and down and spinning around). he licked the the trays clean. got excited over curry till the day he died. spicier the better.
Ellas mum
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Ellas mum »

:1968 Well all I can say Sam, is you must have a strong constitusion :1960
hairydog

Post by hairydog »

:1968
Cobi and Ginnies Mum

Post by Cobi and Ginnies Mum »

You big 'thievy treevie ' Sam !!!! I bet that was warm the folowing day Sam !!!!!

Thievy 'treevies' we've had a few.... the week after Cobi arrived only one piece of steak was left at the back of the worktop to BBQ !!!
A few years later a whole bowl of chicken thighs (right at the back of the worktop) 'gone' whilst we went to check out where the vets had moved to one Sunday and then had to ring them for advice on our return !!! The same week the 10inch square lasagne I had made was liberated.... I only popped upstairs for 2 minutes.... I went back into the kitchen it looked at if the lasagne had been drop kicked across the working surfaces and there Cobi sat in a bed with it and the silicon dish on her head.....I had nearly caught her banged to rights.... BUT life would be so dull without a dog in the house. :bounce:
Samsmum

Post by Samsmum »

You are so right Lynda! We just love them to bits, warts and all. At least Sam has proved himself to be "human" so to speak!
God Bless all - and Happy Christmas.
Joyce, David and Sam! :s21:
sammingtonsmythes

Post by sammingtonsmythes »

Oh bless what a good boy Sam is
x