amazing retriever and new owner

Talk about your dogs, seek advice and share experiences

Moderators: CarolynM, janrobinson

sammingtonsmythes

amazing retriever and new owner

Post by sammingtonsmythes »

WARNING FOR THIS ONE BUT IT IS VERY HEARTWARMING TO HEAR HOW ROO IS GETTING ON WITH A LOT OF TLC.
This poor retriever Roo is one of the worst cases and in a state of abject terror.It is a United States story and her new fosterer is wonderful.Jan have you ever had one this scared?
part one
http://www.lifewithdogs.tv/2012/07/note ... -progress/
part two
http://www.lifewithdogs.tv/2012/07/note ... -part-two/
Will keep you updated
Last edited by sammingtonsmythes on Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lenny
Senior User
Senior User

Re: amazing retriever and new owner

Post by lenny »

Sorry couldnt read the first part, knew it would be upsetting, did read the second part, hope she gets a great life with someone who loves her, even after a day or two the true golden is already shinning through. :love4
sammingtonsmythes

oh sorry Lenny i should have warned you.i wouldn't post anything that didn't have a happy outcome i waited for the next bulletin
xxx
lynn wise
Senior User
Senior User

Post by lynn wise »

Another sleepless night for me. Poor poor girlie, how could anyone do this.
How many are there that we don't hear about. :cry3:
janrobinson
Rescue Co-ordinator
Rescue Co-ordinator

Post by janrobinson »

read the first part but too teary to read any more at the moment. I have had them in a bad state but perhaps not as frightened as this little mite. How heartwarming and tear jerking when she went to sleep in her arms. :cry3:
sammingtonsmythes

I'm a beggar for punishment i'm afraid.I'm always signing petitions etc to try to help the desperate cases.I held back with this to see how Roo was coming along before i showed you all and so far she's doing amazingly well.What patience does this man have. Monty was pretty scared but nothing compared to Roo.I just wanted to help Monty as soon as I set eyes on him.I would definately have wanted to take in this dog.How rewarding must it be so see her trusting again.
sammingtonsmythes

Lynn rest easy and sleep well.This dog is in safe hands.She is one of the lucky ones.Don't worry please
Samsmum

Post by Samsmum »

How heartbreaking! Poor little Roo, and she was still trusting, and has such a lovely face. So glad she has been rescued and is receiving the best care. Hope she continues to improve, and finds happiness.
Samsmum. :blue:
bentley
Senior User
Senior User

Post by bentley »

Once again heartbreaking and heartwarming at the same time.

Thank God there are people out there who are prepared to give these poor dogs a chance.

My heart bleeds for the ones who aren't lucky enough to find a loving forever home. :cry3:
sammingtonsmythes

Me too thank goodness for people like Jan eh.It doesn't do to dwell too much on it.But we do what we can in our own way.The great thing about the internet is dogs like these can get help.People power!
bentley
Senior User
Senior User

Post by bentley »

Yay for people power - and people like Jan! :love5 :love5 :love5
milo's mum

Post by milo's mum »

poor roo. crying my eyes out but i know i'm gonna be looking for part 3.
lynn wise
Senior User
Senior User

Post by lynn wise »

Yes, me too.
sammingtonsmythes

Report today is Roo is coming along well and tried to stand up today.They are very pleased with her progress.
:1958:
janrobinson
Rescue Co-ordinator
Rescue Co-ordinator

Post by janrobinson »

I have now read the second part. So very happy for this little girl. I realise now that the writer is a man isn't it funny I just assumed it was a woman. Isn't it so sad that this happens anyway and all over the world. Humans in many ways are the worst species on the planet., Cruel because they can be . Lots of super people as well though. I have just had a lovely lady in France ask me to keep her name in case I need to have a dog picked up in France or Spain. Not a problem she says only a 6 hour journey to England. Warms your heart to think about it.