Roo update 5

Talk about your dogs, seek advice and share experiences

Moderators: CarolynM, janrobinson

sammingtonsmythes

Roo update 5

Post by sammingtonsmythes »

From Brian Roo's Fosterer.Just a reminder Roo is not one of Jan's but we have been following her progress from being the most scared of dogs----------Video at bottom of post
I am so proud of the way Roo greeted this beautiful young girl. She was completely and unreservedly welcoming. She made Tallulah feel right at home. I know it's a human construct to imagine that Roo was letting her know that she didn't need to worry, that she knew just how she felt, but that's how it seemed. I was grateful to Roo, because I could also see in Tallulah's eyes the anguish and confusion of what she had been going through lately. All the rescue dogs seem to wander around wondering how to get home for a while. I think Roo made all the difference in the world to her. It moved me deeply and made me think even more highly of Roo, if that's possible. She not just brave and strong and good, she is generous. She is dog.

Thank god for the dogs is all I can say.

I'm not sure when the next full Roo update will be out. I've written a piece in response to everyone who wants me to keep Roo, but I'm not sure I should post it. I've been shooting a little too much from the hip lately, and that never seems to do me any good.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLm60hzD ... e=youtu.be
sammingtonsmythes

Re: Roo update 5

janrobinson
Rescue Co-ordinator
Rescue Co-ordinator

Post by janrobinson »

it just shows what a little love kindness and patience will do Lovely :love4
lynn wise
Senior User
Senior User

Post by lynn wise »

What a difference in this little girl, just wonderful to see her play. Just shows what can be achieved with love, understanding and kindness. Thank goodness there are such kind people in the world.
But why does this have to happen to such beautiful souls. :2011: No excuse for discarding them.
sammingtonsmythes

It is indeed good for the soul to see her like this Jan and Lyn.It sounds like Brian is unsure about keeping Roo.I know that he fosters a lot and this sounds like a new foster dog.Maybe they can be rehomed together at the end of this all.It must be hard for him it really takes a special sort of person to foster I know id want to keep them all
love to you both
Diane & Monty
xxx :love6
lenny
Senior User
Senior User

Post by lenny »

So good to see how well Roo is doing, I have massive respect for anyone who fosters, but like you Diane, I would get so attached to them I wouldnt be able to let any of them go, im a big softie. :1960
sammingtonsmythes

Ahhh glad to hear it Lenny!I have picked up stray dogs either taken them home or they have just walked down our drive.It takes me about 2 minutes to bond with them!There was a lovely white english bull terrier i think with the long nose and small eyes.It came wondering into the garden.Well i coaxed it into the walled area and for quite a while he was suspicious of me.I contacted the vets after already telling the local police and the vets receptionist told me they knew who it belonged to and was better off not going back.By this time the dog had decided it liked it here and got so playful it tried to get on my knee which made me a little nervous as it looked as though it had been used in dog fighting to me looking at its scars.It got all silly bless it.It seemed very happy to have found a friend.Unfortunately at this point the owners partner turned up pushing a pram with a little kid all the way up our hill and its VERY steep.Well the dog didn't want to go with her and hid behind my legs.I felt absolutely terrible letting it go.That's not the way your dog should behave when it sees you should it.Unless you count Monty who is so lucky having me around ALL the time that when Andy arrives he can't be bothered to get down from the sofa!!He loves Andy to bits and i feel bad for Andy he looks so disappointed.Maybe its because being just the one dog there is no competition for him.
lenny
Senior User
Senior User

Post by lenny »

I remember when I went to Jans to pick one of mine up and I said to Jan I couldnt resist the long shaggy coat the sorrowfull brown eyes, the look of neglect as if no one wanted her, but enough about the wife where is Emily. :1945:
lynn wise
Senior User
Senior User

Post by lynn wise »

Watch out Lenny, she might just bite your ankles, Celia that is. :1945:
sammingtonsmythes

Lenny!
:1968
bentley
Senior User
Senior User

Post by bentley »

Hahahaaa!!! Lenny, you are going to be in soooo much trouble!!!!