Share your story about your rescue dog -good or bad

Moderators: CarolynM, janrobinson

Ellas mum
Senior User
Senior User

Ella----Our star

Post by Ellas mum »

Hi everyone,
I am new to the site and hav'nt got the hang of the photo's yet, but I'd love to introduce you to Ella. It's her birthday today, she's 6. Three years ago, we rang Jan in the hope of having a pup again but at the time their were non available. She asked us if we would like to see a little girl that she had in the kennel's, we said ok, and off we went. When I met her I wept. She was so thin, very cowed and frightened and we think she'd been used for breeding and was of no further use. She came to live with us that very day and I'm convinced we were meant to have her. She is kind, patient, obedient and is now a beautiful and happy dog. Our postman is one of her biggest fans, he carries biscuits in his bag and she gets one every day. She loves to run and play with other dogs but can be very protectve of us and her house. She does have a fear of getting in the car and she will shake quite badly at times. If anyone has any suggestons, I would be most grateful. Love reading your stories. Ella's mum.[/quote][/code][/list][/list]
Cobi and Ginnies Mum

Hello Ella's Mum, I'm not sure how to put photos on either..

Post by Cobi and Ginnies Mum »

But Ian is very good and helpful and has put photos on for me...
We collected Cobi from Jan over 2 years ago and she was the sickliest retriever we have ever owned when travelling, bottle of dettol, plastic gloves, bags etc., ever time we all went out in the car (don't think her previous life had included cars, or if they had, no one had persevered) we made sure that at the end of the car journey something pleasant happened ususally a walk or a treat. Cobi will now jump into the back and just lie there when the tailgate is open when we are caravanning. I didn't want to go down the tablets from the vet route. The doggy valerian from Zipvit has really helped our two through the traumatic fireworks throughout 'the season of goodwill' and they were still going off last night! The tablets just seem to take their minds off the noise without 'spacing' them out.
janrobinson
Rescue Co-ordinator
Rescue Co-ordinator

Post by janrobinson »

Lovely to hear from you Ella's Mum and to know all is well. Hope you get the car fear sorted out. I am sure soemone will have a good idea. Perhaps she remembers being removed from where she lived and thinks that is going to happen again. We never know what they are thinking.