Gentle as a kitten

Share pictures of your much loved pets - If you have a rescue dog, pop a picture in here and let us know how heshe is getting on

Moderators: CarolynM, janrobinson

bentley
Senior User
Senior User

Gentle as a kitten

Post by bentley »

When I heard the words, "Let's photograph my kitten with your dog," my blood ran cold. I know Bentley's a lovely boy and wouldn't intentionally hurt a kitten but he can be a bit boisterous. Anyway, I got talked into it. Anxious hands were waiting just out of the shot to snatch the kitten ( or indeed the puppy as kittens have sharp claws) out of danger if anything untoward happened. Here's what actually happened:

I think he was wondering what kind of dog it was.

I'm so proud of my lovely, big, gentle boy. :love5 :love5 He was absolutely brilliant with that tiny kitty, I think he was disappointed when she was taken away.
Linda

Re: Gentle as a kitten

Post by Linda »

These photos have melted my heart - fabulous :love4
Just shows what a gentle breed these goldens are. Well done Bentley :love2
janrobinson
Rescue Co-ordinator
Rescue Co-ordinator

Post by janrobinson »

absolutely wonderful :love4
lynn wise
Senior User
Senior User

Post by lynn wise »

WOW, what stunning photos, you really have a wonderful boy, but then you don't need me to tell you that. :love4 Keep your beautiful photos coming Lesley, just luv 'em.
lenny
Senior User
Senior User

Post by lenny »

Stunning photos indeed, well done Bently, our two were so good with our cat, whilst we had him. :1951:
Ellas mum
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Ellas mum »

Gorgeous! :love4
Margo

Post by Margo »

What gorgeous pics, thank you for sharing!!
sammingtonsmythes

Post by sammingtonsmythes »

That is just so wonderful isn't it.They seem to know when creatures are vulnerable :love4
rosndognme

Post by rosndognme »

fantastic photos :thumbsup:
bentley
Senior User
Senior User

Post by bentley »

Thank you, everyone for your nice comments. He is such a lovely boy, the kitten ended up climbing onto Bentley's back for a snuggle :love6
Steve
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Steve »

Great photographs Leslie, thank you. :love5
vickic

Post by vickic »

What a lovely boy he is - I love the nose up the bum one, he is lifting the kitten off its hind legs. Also the first one nose to nose the kitten looks like he is about to go into the Aristocats 'Don't mess with me cos I am a big fierce cat' mode!

Re your other pictures, John has asked if he minds being hosed off when he gets muddy?, one of ours used to try and push me out of the way when I was using a hairdryer she loved it so much. All the others have legged it!!! as soon as they heard it, we now resort to endless towelling.

Vicki
bentley
Senior User
Senior User

Post by bentley »

Hi Vicki,

He HATES being hosed off, I don't even try now as it upsets him too much. He's quite happy to play with it when we have the hosepipe on in the garden though. He's terrified of the hairdryer as well so I'm afraid it's endless rubbing down with towel here as well. I knew about the walking, the vet's fees, the training, the blah blah blah but No one warned me about the towels and the mountains of washing!!!!! :2029:

It's a good job I love him. :love5 He's having a bath this morning in readiness for going to Dewsbury today to meet a friend of mine who can't wait to meet him as she realises how special he is. She nearly fell off her perch when I told her that I had a dog. :1968 I'm the last person on this earth she thought would get a dog. :1968 :1968
janrobinson
Rescue Co-ordinator
Rescue Co-ordinator

Post by janrobinson »

I just knew you would make a good doggy mum :love4
lynn wise
Senior User
Senior User

Post by lynn wise »

You've done well girl, a lovely mum.