Quality Street

Discuss health issues, for example teething problems, vaccinations etc

Moderators: CarolynM, janrobinson

janrobinson
Rescue Co-ordinator
Rescue Co-ordinator

Quality Street

Post by janrobinson »

Well I have just spent a happy hour in the vets watching my old Golden sick up the 3lbs of Quality street she ate while I was taking two dogs to the kennels. How she got the tin open I do not know but she did and ate the lot, Papers and all.
I knew it was her as Bonnie would not do such a thing.

There was an amusing side to this as after it was all over the vet said that many of them were still tightly sealed in their wrappers with no teeth marks if I wanted to give them a wash they would probably be alright. Oh yes :lol:
You can never be too careful. I had such a fright when I saw the empty tin.I was away about 40 minutes but I expect it took her not much more than 40 seconds.
Cobi and Ginnies Mum

I thought Ginnie was the sinful version but....

Post by Cobi and Ginnies Mum »

Your Tessa is worse than sinful Ginful! Ooh double time at the vets as well on a Sunday... little madam, obviously some 'centres' in Quality Street that dogs don't like.
lynn wise
Senior User
Senior User

Post by lynn wise »

On a serious note, hope the old girls o.k.

You've obviously got a Vet' with a sense of humour Jan.

Anyone reading this, seeing Jan Robinson chasing her tail and running round in circles, she must have taken the Vets advice :D :D :D
Maybe a quick call to Ken Rothwell to find out how to go about it! Watering can at the ready :D :D :D
hairydog

Post by hairydog »

Oh dear and these things always happen on a weekend or Bank holiday Xmas or New Years Day,hope she is feeling better soon Jan...
janrobinson
Rescue Co-ordinator
Rescue Co-ordinator

Post by janrobinson »

Thanks for your concern everyone but the patient is O.K. Was a bit hang dog for an hour or two but soon perked up and when it was tea time was stamping her feet for me to hurry up.

I had to put some charcoal powder , quite a lot, in her food to mop up any chocolate left. What a horrible mess that was but she never batted an eyelid just woofed it all down That's my girl.

Thanks again. We wait for the next trauma !!!!!
Eastonwolfs

Post by Eastonwolfs »

Crikey!

What a story...lucky she wasn't able to get the lid back on the tin or you'd have never had found out...

Isn't it funny they must watch us and I'm sure think 'I'll be able to help myself to a few of them now they've gone out'...

No mischief ever happens here when we are all around, but as soon as you turn your back...you'd be surprised at what appears/moves/opens and disappears...

I'm glad all turned out OK in the end...
Cobi and Ginnies Mum

We are glad that she is OK Jan, 'big thievie treevie'

Post by Cobi and Ginnies Mum »

The charcoal reminds me of when we stopped for a quick drink one summer evening, we had Ceili ( named after Marillions song Kayleigh) at the time, there was also a large bag of charcoal brickettes in the back, 20 mins later Ceili had opend the bag scoffed some of them - her breath smelt lovely after that.
CarolynM
Senior User
Senior User

Post by CarolynM »

I can't believe that of Tess - she is such a good girl :D

I am glad she is ok - they are such a worry!!

..... and a vet with a sense of humour!!
teddy bear

Post by teddy bear »

glad all is ok now for you. :lol: