Loving the snow

Talk about your dogs, seek advice and share experiences

Moderators: CarolynM, janrobinson

bentley
Senior User
Senior User

Loving the snow

Post by bentley »

Well, it's fair to say we had a bit of snow on Friday. Shame it's all melting now, I was really enjoying getting back from walks with a nice clean doggie.

rosndognme

Re: Loving the snow

Post by rosndognme »

I knew Bentley would be out in the snow somewhere having his winter photos taken :)

... nice pics :thumbsup:
lynn wise
Senior User
Senior User

Post by lynn wise »

Pleased to see the lad enjoying the snow, lovely photos of him.
Yes, it's been so nice the last few days to have clean dogs, this morning made up for it big style. Out came the hose pipe and towels again, mud upto the eyeballs. :2005: Quite dangerous in places where the ice had compacted, a few slips here and there.
janrobinson
Rescue Co-ordinator
Rescue Co-ordinator

Post by janrobinson »

Super pictures of handsome lad again.

We are same as you Lynn. Water & mud everywhere. Thought they were muddy sometimes before but nothing like this lot. What would we talk about if we had normal weather :2029:

Hope you had a good holiday Lesley. :love4
bentley
Senior User
Senior User

Post by bentley »

Thanks, Jan. We had a lovely holiday. Discovered a down side of being owned by a dog - I missed him like mad. :shock:
Hollys Mum

Post by Hollys Mum »

Absolutely marvellous pictures! However, I must admit that I am pleased the snow has more or less gone now. It was so dangerous trying to walk on the pavements! I have got some I socks that you put over your shoes that I had to wear! Been for a three and a half mile walk with Holly today, it was sunny at first but started raining for last ten minutes. All the dog walkers said the same thing, its great to get out again and be safe on your feet!!! :1944: Lesley and Holly
bentley
Senior User
Senior User

Post by bentley »

Thanks, Lesley. I'm obviously in the minority here, I'm really sad the snow's going away.

I must admit though I did fell a bit Attenborough-ish yesterday while I sloshed my way through rivers of melting snow. I had this "The winter ice begins to melt and new rivers are created ...." dialogue going through my head. I must say it was a bit slippery in my walking boots, think I'll get some of those snow tyres for boots, they sell them in Go Outdoors.
lynn wise
Senior User
Senior User

Post by lynn wise »

We bought some grips last winter for our boots, they are fantasic, although I have lost a couple of studs but managed to order replacements through Amazon.Worth getting them Lesley, they are limb savers.
Cobi and Ginnies Mum

Post by Cobi and Ginnies Mum »

Lovely photographs of a 'clean' Bentley in the snow....(handsome boy)
The dogs just love it, racing around.... rolling over and over, it is nice to have a clean dog. ( Cobi included)

We have two different versons of the 'snow grippers', one sort sound similar to Lynn's with individual studs, the other sort have criss cross spiral wire under the heel and foot, I certainly wouldn't have been able to walk in my wellies or boots without them (terrified of falling after a broken ankle in 2006) we had both sorts from QVC several years ago and they are still OK.
hairydog

Post by hairydog »

Fab pictures, what a handsome boy Bentley is... :love4
Linda

Post by Linda »

Lovely photos of Bentley ... so handsome :love2
Steve
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Steve »

Super pictures Lesley hope you enjoyed your holidays.
vickic

Post by vickic »

He really is a beautiful boy and so clean!!!!!, his coat is amazing.

Another vote for the things you put on your shoes - the ones we have are called yak trax and are excellent. I am a real wimp walking in slippery conditions but with these on I am almost confident!

Please please everyone be careful my cousin fell over walking her dog on Putney common and fractured her hip, had to have an operation and is still in hospital now. I am going over in a couple of weeks time, after her daughter has gone back to her home in Kenya, to look after her for a week. Hopefully she will be well on the way to recovery then, so if there is anyone on here who lives near Putney I will be walking a grey cairn from 19th to 26th February!!!! on the common.

Kind regards

Vicki
lenny
Senior User
Senior User

Post by lenny »

Great photos of the Bently I'm sure he was spoilt rotten whilst you were away. When we go away we miss our two more than anything else, but the greeting we get once we are back shows how much they mean to us and how much we mean to them. :love5 :love6
Ellas mum
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Ellas mum »

Great pics' and beautiful scenery......Bentley must have had a very cold bum sitting in all that snow :1960