Happy Forever Home Day, Bentley

Talk about your dogs, seek advice and share experiences

Moderators: CarolynM, janrobinson

bentley
Senior User
Senior User

Happy Forever Home Day, Bentley

Post by bentley »

Can you believe it's a whole year today since Mr Bentley came to live with us and stole our hearts clean away? :love5 :love4 :2362: :n2:

I remember the scared little ball of white fluff we brought home with us. Just look at him now: :n7: :thumbleft :1951: :2011:

Sorry about the emoticons - I haven't lost the plot, my 4 year old granddaughter picked them! :2007: :D :) :1972
lenny
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Happy Forever Home Day, Bentley

Post by lenny »

Posted twice , thought my first effort had failed.
lynn wise
Senior User
Senior User

Post by lynn wise »

Happy home day Bentley, Lesley and family. WHERE DID THE TIME GO. So happy for you all, you really have made a great team, you and your boy.
What a handsome young man, he's a stunner.
:2818:
milo's mum

Post by milo's mum »

oh Bentley, you lucky lad. one year in your forever home. My children both go gooey eyed everytime they see a picture of you and then there's a resounding aaahhhhh. 12 months of your muddy antics and we still enjoy reading how your getting on. happy forever home day x
janrobinson
Rescue Co-ordinator
Rescue Co-ordinator

Post by janrobinson »

Happy forever home day Bentley. :love4
I don't know where has that year gone :1960 but we all know where you have been in it. Mostly muddy puddles. :1945:
bentley
Senior User
Senior User

Post by bentley »

Well. It might be a sign of him growing up but (whisper it) he hasn't had a proper wallow for ages so I haven't got any recent muddy pictures to show you.

Mind you I think the fact we've had a lot of frost and snow has helped quite a lot. I'm sure normal muddiness will be resumed as soon as the rain returns.

Talking of him growing up.... I've even taken the 'baffler' out of his food bowl as he's slowed down his eating from a strong inhale to a fast scoff :1968 :1968

Still on the subject of growing up. Most times now we have a fantastic recall - even when there are other dogs involved - except for this morning :2011: Cue: Me running and shouting his name while he frolicked merrily ignoring me.

He's training for his good citizen bronze award. Lets hope there aren't any other dogs around when he's doing it because then he just wants to partyyyyyyyy!!

Thanks for your nice comments, everyone. We do make a good team, don't we? :love6
Cobi and Ginnies Mum

Post by Cobi and Ginnies Mum »

Belated happy birthday Bentley, what a handsome lad he has become, I can't believe where the time has gone.
It was lovely while we had the snow and frost...no wallowing from Cobi, (sorry to be negative Lesley... Cobi is 9 in June and still wallowing) :love4
sammingtonsmythes

Post by sammingtonsmythes »

Awww Happy forever home day Bentley! :love4