Easter Holiday

Share pictures of your much loved pets - If you have a rescue dog, pop a picture in here and let us know how heshe is getting on

Moderators: CarolynM, janrobinson

lynn wise
Senior User
Senior User

Easter Holiday

Post by lynn wise »

We had a week away near Scarborough over the Easter break, had a lovely time. Weather was fine but BITTER cold and strong winds, thankfully no rain. Left home in blizzard conditions that wasn't sticking, our main road was only open on one side so single lane traffic. All the way to York was evidence of the bad weather, deep drifts on wall sides. East of York, nothing, not a snow flake to be seen. Strange, as the weather was coming out of the East.
A few photos of the dogs on their holidays, not particularly good but will share them.

The photos of 3 dogs includes Maggie, another of Jans rescues that lives near Scarborough, a lovely girl full of character. The ones of the crocus are at the side of River Derwent in West Ayton.David at the quarry top beyond the caravan site and dog walk.

Steve
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Easter Holiday

Post by Steve »

Great photographs Lynn thank you and great weather too considering it was "Easter weekend" :cold: :cold2: :cold:
bentley
Senior User
Senior User

Post by bentley »

Lovely photos, it looks like the middle of summer. Well, apart from the big coat, hat, gloves, scarf etc. The 'kids' don't look a bit bothered by the cold. :love4
hairydog

Post by hairydog »

Great photos Lynn, thanks for sharing, love the one of you with your two in the crocus... :)
rosndognme

Post by rosndognme »

Those photos of the dogs all looking up together make me smile every time I see them :1949:

Thanks Lynn :thumbsup:
superjazz

Post by superjazz »

Thanks Lynne, you obviously had a good time, lovely photos of the dogs, thanks for sharing.
Pat, Syd & Katie. :thumbsup:
RUSSELL lumb
Senior User
Senior User

Post by RUSSELL lumb »

hi
great photos glad you had good weather
russell and bridget
Linda

Post by Linda »

Lovely photos, Lynn. Hope you all had a good time.
lenny
Senior User
Senior User

Post by lenny »

Always, great to see you and Dave and your dogs Lynn,and Maggie of course, they do love their treats don't they. :1945:
janrobinson
Rescue Co-ordinator
Rescue Co-ordinator

Post by janrobinson »

What super pictures again Lynn. The dogs look so happy and nice to see Maggie as well. It's so nice that you can meet up . :love4
lynn wise
Senior User
Senior User

Post by lynn wise »

It is lovely to catch up with Jenny, Andrew and Maggie.

A couple of years ago, on our foray over to Scarborough, we pulled into the car park at Helmsley to go for our usual coffee and scones break.
On getting out of the car, a lady approached very excitedly saying " oh you've got a Retriever, oh Andrew there's 2". Promply bursting into tears as they had recently lost their beloved girl. The lady fired questions about our 2, and I told her they were both from Rescue. Fortunately, I always carry a card with Jans details in my wallet in case someone is so interested. Well, we had a wonderful conversation and so nice to meet them both.
On our return from holiday, I rang the lady who very excitedly informed me that they had been in touch with Jan, and were now mum and dad to Maggie. They knew vaguely where we were staying and had driven around the village looking for us to share their news.
Well, since then we always manage a couple of hours in their company, Jenny being a wonderful baker always makes tea and cakes for us, and the dogs get treats too.
Maggie is a delight, just what a Goldie should be. Always welcomes us with open paws, the dogs are allowed to share her bones and toys, not a wrong word passes between the 3 of them. Such a lovely experience to see these 3 second chancers enjoying life to the full. Willow as always takes herself off to inspect the house, there just might be something worth the effort, talk about nosey. Thankfully Jenny and Andrew don't mind.
So, there's the story of another lucky young lady with a wonderful life now.