Grooming.... does your dog love it or hate it?

Discuss health issues, for example teething problems, vaccinations etc

Moderators: CarolynM, janrobinson

Cobi and Ginnies Mum

Grooming.... does your dog love it or hate it?

Post by Cobi and Ginnies Mum »

This week I have received a 'FURMINATOR' for Ginnie and Cobi, it sounds like torture, but it isn't. There are some of you out there who probably already have one. I have spent a fortune on different brushes, ionic ones, ones with 'nails' in - all sorts.
This Furminator (not a blade) gets rid of all the dead hair from the undercoat, and they both love it. Cobi has never liked having her tail brushed, but now doesn't mind. Ginnie does like being brushed and they push each other out of the way to be first now when this appears. You have to be careful if the dogs have lumps and bumps, (Ginnie has a couple of fatty lumps, which have been checked out) so I would never use it over this area.
I've had it from QVC so if the girls didn't like it, after 30 days all I'd lose is the postage. Check their website www.qvcuk.com to see a video of a retriever being groomed and how much hair is removed!
janrobinson
Rescue Co-ordinator
Rescue Co-ordinator

Post by janrobinson »

just ordered one. it looks good. We will see how we go with it.
hairydog

Post by hairydog »

Paddy sits there doesnt mind, Lucy is a worm never keeps still so would be intrested in one of these, now ordered.... :)
goldilocks

Post by goldilocks »

My dog Bobi is quite fussy about being groomed. The only time he doesn't mind is when he's occupied with a bone or something else. He will not let me touch his front paws and goes to bite me everytime. The furminator is great - I use it outside and let the hair float all round the garden - makes good nesting for birds!
Eastonwolfs

Post by Eastonwolfs »

Furminator has there own website and I had seen these before, but wasn't sure how good they were...but they look just the job...will order one for her fluffiness...
hairydog

Post by hairydog »

Received mine today wow, cannot beleive how much hair I removed from both of mine, would definately reccommend them...