What I did on my holidays

Share pictures of your much loved pets - If you have a rescue dog, pop a picture in here and let us know how heshe is getting on

Moderators: CarolynM, janrobinson

bentley
Senior User
Senior User

What I did on my holidays

Post by bentley »

Hi everyone, Bentley here. I thought I'd drop you a quick line to let you know what happened on my holiday in Torquay and show you some of my holiday snaps.

I really enjoyed going fishing, paddling and swimming in the sea. So much water to run in! Loads better than our little reservoir back home.

Of course, there's always time for a cuddle with Mum in between all the excitement. Actually, I had cuddles with loads of people. Total strangers kept coming up to me, cuddling me and saying how well behaved and what a handsome boy I am. Mum kept saying they'd have to join the back of a very, very long queue if they wanted to to take me home with them.

Mum treated me to an ice cream. I think it was because I kept looking at her with my sad eyes while she was eating hers. Heheee, works every time :1963

Mum and Dad took me on the big wheel. It was brilliant! I could see for miles. I had to keep climbing over Dad to get a better look.

Here I am playing in the water with some of my new pals

Mum and me had big plans for nice long walks while we were there but I managed to cut my feet on the sharp rocks and Mum ended up spending a small fortune on bandages and little space boots to protect my feet. She got me pink bandages :2026: Pink! Oh, the shame. :2005:

When we came back from holiday I discovered that I have a new baby cousin! What a surprise! He's a 9 week old bichon frise called Teddy and he's my new BFF. :love4

lynn wise
Senior User
Senior User

Re: What I did on my holidays

Post by lynn wise »

Thanks for sharing your holiday with us Bentley, and I guess a little help from mum. Really lovely to see all those photos of a boy enjoying himself. Hope the pads have healed.
Also, love your new BF, what cracking pics of you both.
:love6
rosndognme

Post by rosndognme »

It looks like you had a great time on your holls Bentley .... maybe pack some blue boots next time though :1960:
janrobinson
Rescue Co-ordinator
Rescue Co-ordinator

Post by janrobinson »

Stunning pictures of handsome boy having a great time. His new best friend looks lovely Looks like Bentley has a "mini me" for the moment. So looking forward to seeing you soon :love4
lenny
Senior User
Senior User

Post by lenny »

Looks like Bently had a great holiday , what a lucky boy you are, hope your pads ok now. Think you will have to teach teddy how to get the muddy look tell him it's the height of fashion unlike the pink socks. :thumbleft :1960
Linda

Post by Linda »

Great holiday snaps, Bentley ... looks like you had a whale of a time. Love your new friend, Teddy ... two 'cuties' together :love5
superjazz

Post by superjazz »

Great pictures , looks like you may have another fisherman !!
Glad he is doing so well.
Pat , Syd & Katie
:thumbsup:
Steve
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Steve »

Lovely photographs Lesley thank you for sharing them, love the harbour one :love4
milo's mum

Post by milo's mum »

lovely photos. what a great place to go on holiday. just in case you go to torquay again, about 15 minutes would have taken you to brixham and there is a place there called sharkham point(it's on the maps). a glorious cliff top walk with views for miles. last time we went there they had some dartmoor ponies for natural grazing. milo wasn't sure what to make of them and george didn't give them a second look but that was their favourite place EVER. stayed at a caravan park right at the point and did it a couple of years running. i don't think you ever see a holiday resort half as much if you don't take the dogs.
bentley
Senior User
Senior User

Post by bentley »

Thanks for that, Milo's Mum. We're going back in October as we have family there. We're taking the grandchildren as well this time. Gluttons for punishment that we are! We'll definitely go and have a look at Sharkham Point.