Say Hi to Amber

Share your story about your rescue dog -good or bad

Moderators: CarolynM, janrobinson

lenny
Senior User
Senior User

Post by lenny »

All your dogs storys would make a lovley film,and Im sure the tissue sales would go through the roof,the happy ending for them would have me blubbing at the end . Disney or Stephen Speilberg might be intrested.
Ellas mum
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Ellas mum »

What lovely family's, dogs AND mum's and dads. I'm constantly amazed how quickly these dogs can be brought back to being happy and healthy again, some faster than others I know. Each dog comes with his/her own set of problems and it can be an emotional time for all concerned, but the reward you get from seeing your dog grow in confidence, happy and healthy again, far outweighs all the problems.
Eastonwolfs

Post by Eastonwolfs »

Its lovely to hear about all four of your dogs...Ambers come on hasn't she?
She looks a lot more relaxed...and at home with Toby (he's lovely that lad).

You have done a brill job with all of them and they are a credit to you.

Like everyone has said older dogs are great...we have only had older adopted ones here...love them to bits...and I always thinking that saying of dogs trust's rings true...

"rescue dogs love you more"

Its amazing that a dog can learn to trust again even after being cruelly treated or neglected.
CarolynM
Senior User
Senior User

Post by CarolynM »

Its heartbreaking to think what they might have been through.

Anna who really got me interested in the oldies had been in lab rescue for about 3 weeks, people were put off by her age (she was 12) and when I couldn't look at the posting anymore I phoned Glenys. What a bad-tempered little lady she was but as she settled with us, her true character came out and what a character she was. :D Sadly she had a stroke a month ago and it was kinder to end her suffering as she had other on-going problems.

Chloe sat by her dead owners bed (he was still in it) for 2 days and then was left in an empty house for 2 weeks before the son took her to the vets to be pts. She is probably the most clingy of them the gang. Nobody is quite sure of her age - the vet thinks she could be between 5 and 10!

Ben (or Big Lad) is 12 and had been in rescue kennels in Wales for 3 months before he went to lab rescue, we don't know much about him other than he likes his cuddles. He went into rescue due to his owners ill-health with his younger 'brother' who was only 6. He was by-passed because of his age and size.

You all know about Toby and Amber :D

What I did find useful is that when I adopted Ben (the goldie in the logo) from Jan, his owners had written a letter listing his likes and dislikes, what he ate and what the different tricks he would get upto were. I think that was a very brave and caring thing for them to do in difficult circumstances!

As Ian says - you have met the gang at Chez Mullineaux - and its great :D

xx
Eastonwolfs

Post by Eastonwolfs »

Ooooohhh that's sooo sad for Chloe...what an awful thing to happen to her...
lynn wise
Senior User
Senior User

Post by lynn wise »

What some of these poor dogs go through beggars belief. Thank him upstairs for Jan' and all in Rescue work, that are able to pick up the pieces :cry: Also to the countless caring people that are prepared to give them another go at life.
labres1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by labres1 »

Well, it was a nice day so I took Amber and Toby for a little playtime..

Only had my phone with me but I took a little bit of video of them playing - not brilliant quality i'm afraid but watchable

To view movie Click Here
Cobi and Ginnies Mum

We never tire of watching dogs play

Post by Cobi and Ginnies Mum »

We love watching dogs play like that, far more entertaining than watching TV sometimes, it's great when they play together even though YOU might get wet and filthy!!! and the car ends up the same, who cares.... as long as the bedroom door it shut.
janrobinson
Rescue Co-ordinator
Rescue Co-ordinator

Post by janrobinson »

love the video Amber is acting like a two year old who would believe she is 10. Toby made me laugh dashing about from top to bottom of the picture. Like he was being chased by the devil himself. Just Lovely enjoying thenselves so much

xx
hairydog

Post by hairydog »

Just great..thats what its all about... :)
lynn wise
Senior User
Senior User

Post by lynn wise »

Great film, well done.Dogs look to have had a lovely time. Bet they ponged :lol: Lovely to see them enjoying themselves so much.
Aren't these films great.