Large golden mobility & companion

Talk about your dogs, seek advice and share experiences

Moderators: CarolynM, janrobinson

Paulyetihancock

Large golden mobility & companion

Post by Paulyetihancock »

Hi our Rosie is eleven with arthritis in all limbs but does like to get around, although she is slowing down more so now. Have you had any experience of the mobility harnesses on the larger golden ? She is of large stock and at 40 kg a big dog. Also what do you think of adopting a younger friend ( golden) to companion her and instigate more activity in her later years ?[img][/image]
janrobinson
Rescue Co-ordinator
Rescue Co-ordinator

Re: Large golden mobility & companion

Post by janrobinson »

I am sure that to introduce a young dog/bitch to an old girl with arthritis who has been an only one all her life would spoil what life she has left, trying to keep up and share you. I know that some people advocate this arrangement but in most cases it does not work.
Paulyetihancock

Post by Paulyetihancock »

Thank you for your kind advice . However , we are extremely heartbroken as Rosie passed after taking a rapid decline due to an abdominal tumour . There could never be another Rosie as she was such a special dog . We had eleven wonderful , loving years with her. I wish you all the very best wishes in your good works .
Kind regards , Paul
superjazz

Post by superjazz »

So very sorry you have lost Rosie after 11 years. Treasure the memories of her.
Our thoughts are with you at this sad time.
Pat, Syd & Katie
lynn wise
Senior User
Senior User

Post by lynn wise »

So very sad to read your post, you must be feeling dreadful. Hold on to all your very special memories of your time with Rosie, place them in that very special treasure box, I'm sure they will see you through this time. :love4
hairydog

Post by hairydog »

Sorry to hear the sad news about Rosie, may you have lovely memories of her to comfort you at this sad time...
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

So sorry to hear of your sad loss. The wonderful memories of Rosie will always be with you.