Pupdate

Talk about your dogs, seek advice and share experiences

Moderators: CarolynM, janrobinson

bentley
Senior User
Senior User

Pupdate

Post by bentley »

Here we are again. Mr 'I'm so stressed I'm gonna eat my own tail' has calmed down tremendously in the last couple of days. Helped in part by my son and his family coming to visit and bringing Bentley's old mate, Twitchy with them. I've kept him on the skullcap tablets to help keep him calm and I've bathed, treated and trimmed his poorly tail which is looking a lot better now that he's decided it doesn't taste so good after all and has decided to leave it alone.

He's also getting used to a slightly new regime which includes not being allowed in the kitchen. The injustice of it! That's where all the food is!

He sits on the other side of the safety gate looking at me with those big brown eyes imploring me to let him in. I'm making point of going over regularly with some extra tasty treats for him and giving him lots of praise so he knows he isn't in trouble - he just can't go in that area. Instead we have 'dog corner' which is a nice little alcove with a handy cupboard for his food, tablets and all the other paraphernalia that he comes with.

Here are a few photos. The one of us outside the hotel was taken just before we went into it as the new owners for the first time. Fair to say that the front of the hotel is right up there at the top of the list for sprucing up.

The next one, of Bentley doing his crocodile impersonation was taken at Cockington Country Park. He loves it there, there is everything a goldie needs. Other dogs to play with, plenty of space to run like the wind, squirrels to chase and best of all lots of streams to wallow in.

This next one is from the grounds of Torre Abbey which is about 200 yards away from where we live. We certainly fell on our feet when we found this place, it's perfectly located.

The hotel isn't open for business yet. We open the doors to our first guests on the 13th of this month. :2026: That gives us another week or so to get the place clean and shipshape. :1963

As I write this bentley is sleeping at my feet after a mammoth grooming session he's obviously dreaming, probably about squirrels or romping in the sea. I do believe he's going to like it here. :1963
Last edited by bentley on Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Steve
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Pupdate

Post by Steve »

Well done Lesley :1951: Good luck and best wishes to you all. :1999:
janrobinson
Rescue Co-ordinator
Rescue Co-ordinator

Post by janrobinson »

Looks wonderful. We have all been waiting for this update. Good Luck with everything :love4
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Good luck and best wishes with your new adventure. I hope everything goes better than you could have hoped for and you are all very happy and settled in your new home.
KDB

Post by KDB »

Hi guys
Great to see that the excitement has returned, certainly looks like a fab location for pups and their humans!
Wishing you the best of luck when you open and welcome your first paying guests
Will we see you on the programme four in a bed? which is all about hotels and B&B's, that would be entertaining and I'm sure that Bentley would steal the show.

Love to you all
Karen, Sam, Ollie and Barney boots xxx
bentley
Senior User
Senior User

Post by bentley »

Hahaaa You won't be seeing us on four in a bed or on the hotel inspector - although we do have one coming to see us in a couple of weeks.

It really is an amazing location. It's got it all. I'm walking Mr Bentley every day with a great big grin on my face telling myself how luck we are to live in such a lovely place. He's just enjoying making new friends and going for a daily swim in the sea. I'm just enjoying him coming home lovely and clean. No more mud for us! :1963

We'l be open for business on the 13th April and of course doggies - and particularly goldens- are very welcome.
Ellas mum
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Ellas mum »

An exciting time for you all. You look to be in lovely area too! Lots of luck and best wishes to all. Hope Bentley keeps well. :thumbsup:
superjazz

Post by superjazz »

Best wishes for the grand opening next Monday, hope you have a house full !!
Pat, Syd & Katie
bentley
Senior User
Senior User

Post by bentley »

Thanks everyone. Another few days in and Mr Bentley has got the smile back in his eyes and is back to being his normal, slightly bonkers self. :love5
RUSSELL lumb
Senior User
Senior User

Post by RUSSELL lumb »

Hi

we wish you all the luck in world on your new venture and hope Bentley is
soon back to his old self looks a great place

Bridget Russell and jasper