My beautiful Abbi past away after 15 years

Details of dogs successfully rehomed

Moderators: CarolynM, janrobinson

Andy and lizzy

My beautiful Abbi past away after 15 years

Post by Andy and lizzy »

:2362: :2362: Hi, after 15 years of devotion my beautiful golden retriever has finally passed away.
Looking for a new for ever friend. My wife and I have a hole in our lives. We are obviously very experienced golden owners. Have no children at home but 3 grand children who visit ages 1 to 6.
Regards

Andy and lizzy :n4:
lenny
Senior User
Senior User

Re: My beautiful Abbi past away after 15 years

Post by lenny »

So sorry to hear of your sad loss, most of us on here know how much losing a golden hurts. Jan is the one you need to contact if you feel your heart can be helped to be healed by a new golden as part of your family. I do hope you get your wish . Please let us know how you get on. Once again I offer our our family's condolences on the loss of such a huge part of your family.Lenny & Celia.. :cry3:
Andy and lizzy

Post by Andy and lizzy »

Hi Lenny. Thanks so much. Lizzy is going to try to call tomorrow. 15 was a good age I guess.
May yet look at a puppy but would like a rehome.

Regards

Andy
Cobi's Mum

Sorry to hear about Abbi

Post by Cobi's Mum »

We are so sorry to hear about your loss of Abbi, if you do decide to go down the rehome route you can be sure that Jan will choose the right dog for you......she has done it twice for us, Ginnie in 2000 and Cobi in 2005 (we had lost our Abby 10yrs and 11 weeks earlier Jasmine 12yrs, in 2005)

Out of all the goldens we have loved and owned (seven) without a doubt Ginnie and Cobi were the best two goldens to get on and play together. I still miss all of them, but in a different way now. I have thousands of photographs and wonderful memories.

Thinking about you

Lynda, Les and Cobi xxx
Ellas mum
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Ellas mum »

So very sorry to hear of your loss. Abbi will have left you with wonderful memories!

Goldens are wonderful dogs and have a lovely temperament, and when you take a rescue dog into your home and heart, you are giving him/her a second and sometimes a third chance for a happy life in a loving home, and when you see them become happy and settled, it is so rewarding. Wishing you luck in whatever you decide to do.