Talk about your dogs, seek advice and share experiences

Moderators: CarolynM, janrobinson

bentley
Senior User
Senior User

Bentley Crosses The Rainbow Bridge

Post by bentley »

As I write this my heart is breaking.

As you know Bentley has struggled with his health for some time and his back legs became very weak.

His world had shrunk to the point where he just went into the garden and he'd lie snoring while I did all the work or we'd just sit together watching the world go by.

This week he took a turn for the worse and after speaking to the vet we had to make the awful decision to let him go. It has been the hardest thing we have ever had to do.

We thought that he deserved to have a peaceful a passing as possible so arranged for a to vet come to our home.

Bob, Bentley and I spent the morning together and we chatted about his upcoming journey over the bridge while I brushed his coat and spruced him up ready for his journey over the bridge to meet up with all his old friends, especially our old next door neighbour and Bentley's partner in crime, labrador Murphy.

The vet was kind and compassionate and clearly loved dogs. Bentley happily drifted off to sleep with a belly full of ham and chocolate while we held him and told him we loved him.

All those years ago when I phone Jan and started our conversation with, "I've never had a dog and never wanted one," Thank goodness she encouraged me to keep talking.

Bentley instantly became 'my' dog. He has been my soul mate, my best friend and my adventure buddy. We have walked miles, danced together, swum together, even paddle boarded together. We have made memories I'll cherish forever and he taught us so much about unconditional love. Thank you, Jan from the bottom of our hearts for letting us take that little scrap of a puppy home with us that fateful day.

Rest in peace you glorious boy.

janrobinson
Rescue Co-ordinator
Rescue Co-ordinator

Re: Bentley Crosses The Rainbow Bridge

Post by janrobinson »

so very sorry to read this sad news, only smiling about him in the rain the other day, Such a happy loved boy and to let him go quietly and peacefully with his family around him is the last kindness we can do. He has had such a happy life with you for so long.
You are in my thoughts
with love Jan xxx
Steve
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Bentley Crosses The Rainbow Bridge

Post by Steve »

So sorry to read this news :cry3:

Take care, best wishes.
steve.