Candy is too fat

Discuss health issues, for example teething problems, vaccinations etc

Moderators: CarolynM, janrobinson

candys mum

Candy is too fat

Post by candys mum »

Candy was an ex breeding bitch and is far to heavy weighing in at 35 kilos. She started off on dried complete food but now on BARF. She was starting to loose weight on the dried but has come to a stand still now we have switched. I have reduced her food to 12oz per day and she is very hungry on this. She seems to be shaping up, having a slight waist now but not loosing the pounds on the scales. She never had any off lead time in her previous home but now has 1 hour every day and twice daily at weekends. As she is so overweight I don't want to overdo it. Could it be like us, she could be gaining muscle but losing fat, so not showing a loss on the scales?
hairydog

Post by hairydog »

Hi
My golden is on a diet at the moment he put it on when we had him nuetered and then we got our lucy and he started to eat her leftovers.!
He is now on hills Prescription RD and has lost so far over as stone, it is full of fibre but works to fill them up also has all the vitimins they need, you can get it from the vet OR buy on line which they deliver to your door within 24 hrs.
We feed a mixture of the dry & wet this seems to satisfy him, better, only down side is you get lots of poos, :oops: but it does work.
heres the link if you want to know more.
Good luck.