Not eating

Discuss health issues, for example teething problems, vaccinations etc

Moderators: CarolynM, janrobinson

lenny
Senior User
Senior User

Not eating

Post by lenny »

Emily has hardly eaten anything for the last two days,She seems ok in her self , but a little subdued, not suprising really . She is drinking,We are going to try her with boiled rice or scrambled egg tonight,If she does not improve tommorow we will take her to the vets. Have had my dogs go off food before or being sick for a day or two, hopefully this is just the same,but starting to get a little worried.How I wish she could tell me whats wrong.
sonia
Advanced User
Advanced User

Re: Not eating

Post by sonia »

Oh Lenny i hope Emily is OK may be she is just having an off day, fingers crossed.
lenny
Senior User
Senior User

Post by lenny »

My wife took Emily to the vets this morning, given a injection, could'nt find anything wrong ,was told to come back tommorow for blood tests if she did'nt improve. Glad to say she ate a little food as soon as she got back, not sure the injection had anything to do with that as she had the bit of food within a quarter of an hour of going to the vets.She also has come for a couple of treats, from my hand, this she would'nt have done yesterday.She seems to be improving slowly,hopefully she will be back to her normal self soon :1999:
Ellas mum
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Ellas mum »

Hi Lenny,

Glad she seems to be feeling a bit better. As Sonia says, maybe she's just having an off day or two. Hope she's back to normal soon :thumbleft
janrobinson
Rescue Co-ordinator
Rescue Co-ordinator

Post by janrobinson »

I know how you must be worrying Lenny as Goldens don't usually have off days for nothing. Perhaps she picked something up on her walk and it has now worked through ( if you know what I mean) Keep us posted.
:love4
lenny
Senior User
Senior User

Post by lenny »

Emily had a mixed day today, she didn't eat much this morning,and hardly anything all day, then about an hour ago, gave her some dried food in her dish, she ate a bit ,but when Snowy tried to pinch some she kept going back for a mouthfull, so he couldn't get it ,shes the boss when foods about. So slowly she ate most of it. so may try that approach tomorrow if it makes her eat something. :2074:
lynn wise
Senior User
Senior User

Post by lynn wise »

Do hope all is well with Emily. keep us posted Lenny.
lenny
Senior User
Senior User

Post by lenny »

Glad to say Emily more like herself today , ate most of her food abeit a bit slowly, had a few treats whilst out walking, and seemed to like being on the park rolling in the new mawn grass. She was even intrested in what I was eating,waiting for any leftovers.Hopefully she will be ok from now on ,fingers crossed.thanks everyone for your concerns :love4
Ellas mum
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Ellas mum »

That's really good news Lenny, back to her old self again :thumbsup:
sonia
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by sonia »

So pleased that she is almost back to yourself :1951: