Ears

Discuss health issues, for example teething problems, vaccinations etc

Moderators: CarolynM, janrobinson

CarolynM
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Ears

Post by CarolynM »

Lovely photo - very lucky if you can find a matching pair of socks in our house :2003:
Cobi and Ginnies Mum

Post by Cobi and Ginnies Mum »

It's because it's your property.......and it's soft......and 'goldens' are thieves.......

Love the photogaphs... especially the last one 'it wasn't me who pulled a hole in your sock, honestly !!!

I have to be PDQ in putting the washing in the machine otherwise Ginnie liberates a sock or two from the washing basket, and then I usually hear a commotion coming from downstairs and they are pulling a sock between them like a cracker... little devils. :2059:

Ceili our first golden we owned a couple of years after we got married used to appear in the doorway 'smiling' with a pair of hubby's pants in her mouth.... stupid dog !!!!!!!

I know too much information there !!!! :1959:
hope

Post by hope »

thank you so much for doing what you did to make my piccy's come out right. yes i know what you mean about socks and soft toys but if it makes them happy bless them..... i will master this computer i will.
Ellas mum
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Ellas mum »

Hi, :2035:
That's such a lovely photo.
Hope that Solo is better soon.
lenny
Senior User
Senior User

Post by lenny »

Sunny my first golden was forever leaving socks ,shoes , and underwear all over the place including next doors drive, had to get them back rather sheepishly at times, Snowy is not as accomplished at it yet ,but given time Im sure he will make the grade. worst luck. :2003:
Molly's Maid

Post by Molly's Maid »

Molly has been with us less than 3 months and I have 17 half pairs of socks already. I have one sock delivered to me every morning and another every time I enter the house - even if I only went out to hang the washing or pick a tomato or two. Instituting a policy of buying ONLY one brand of plain black socks so that actual pairs no longer count for anything and all socks match.

It's the radiator drying that does it you know. Maybe a tumble drier is the only way forward.

Your pair are SOOOOO cute! Twice the cuteness, twice the fun.....half the socks!!! :1968
lynn wise
Senior User
Senior User

Post by lynn wise »

Aren't we a forgiving lot, it doesn't matter what these dogs get up to, we just love their antics.
Willow stands at the side of the washing basket when I "peg out", as soon as my eyes leave the afore said to peg onto the line, she's in there. Whip it quick. It's amazing where the socks get to, usually uncovered when I am gardening.
As for the tumble dryer, a lot can happen between washer, basket and dryer. Usually accompanied by a sneaky looking little Goldie, then going hell for leather in opposite direction.
Change them? NEVER. :2029:
CarolynM
Senior User
Senior User

Post by CarolynM »

Its a very long way between washer and dryer Lynn - all of about 12 inches (door-to-door) but its enough :2372:

Amber is forever raiding the washing basket, coming down the stairs and handing it over to Poppy who hurtles around the garden with it!! A matching pair of socks or socks without holes in would be bliss!!

Ian is in bed with the dreaded flu and when he was at his worse Amber wouldn't leave his side. I had to go and get her to give her her meals and go for a wee

Wouldn't change them for the world :love2
lynn wise
Senior User
Senior User

Post by lynn wise »

Sorry to hear Ian has the 'flu. Hope it isn't the dreaded swine variety. Wish him a speedy recovery from us. :love6
janrobinson
Rescue Co-ordinator
Rescue Co-ordinator

Post by janrobinson »

Sorry to hear Ian is not well. Our best wishes for a speedy recovery. :love4
Cobi and Ginnies Mum

Post by Cobi and Ginnies Mum »

Sorry to hear that Ian is poorly, hope it's not too long before he is well again... your dogs know when you're feeling rotten... and glad to hear that Amber is keeping him company... Hugs from Ginnie and kisses from Cobi :1999:
hairydog

Post by hairydog »

Heres the slipper to go with those missing socks.... :)

Eastonwolfs

Post by Eastonwolfs »

Nice!

Thing is they always have that same 'oh oooo...I've been caught'...guilty look on their faces... :2007: which is so endearing...

Mind you in this house Amber has a 'thing' for wires...chewed my mobile phone charger last week...and it was plugged in and switched on!!! :2029:

No ill effects...thank goodness... :1963 except losing £10 from her Bonio 'pocket money' fund...
hope

Post by hope »

solo was at the vets again tonight ,had his stiches in 2 weeks for his hematoma and tonight had them out. its still leaking pus but the vet said it will be a lot better by next week . we are bathing it still so i hope it gets all better. he has been such a gent he stood still as she took the stiches out and never murmered. we all love our lovely goldie's. they are wonderful everyone of them. :love5 :love4
sammingtonsmythes

Post by sammingtonsmythes »

I know its a bit late but i have just joined.I do hope Solo's ear is better.
Ellie has a Haematoma which at 12 we hoped to avoid an op.
Been having it drained under local at the vets -one last time on monday so far
it keeps coming back.Very apprehensive about an op.Unfortunately she has
had many ops in the past due to suffering from mast cell cancers but she has made it to 12
such a shame if we have to put her through it as she is brilliant for 12.
hugs to Solo
Diane