and we're off!

Share your story about your rescue dog -good or bad

Moderators: CarolynM, janrobinson

sammingtonsmythes

and we're off!

Post by sammingtonsmythes »

Great news -things are proceeding with Monty ,much better getting him into the car.He has finally realised that we aren't going to abandon him.3 nights in a row and less pulling and pushing each night.Luckily we made it back before a mighty thunderstorm last night.The good news is he isn't worried about thunder and lightening.Andy and I were kneeling on the back of sofa looking out of the window watching it and a little face appeared next to us draped across the back with his legs crossed-very sweet but no camera to hand.The next step will be with all 4 of us,Andy,myself,Ellie and Monty.I think we will get Ellie in first then put the ramp out of sight and put Monty in.Once we arrive at our walk he leaps out of the car very excited.At the moment i am sitting on the back seat to be close to him.The final step will be so i can take him in the car on my own without any fuss but that is a while off yet.Don't want to move too quickly as things are going so well.Monty would like to share photos of things seen on his walk which is our favourite place and all our dogs have enjoyed.It is so peaceful and beautiful :love4
.Image
lynn wise
Senior User
Senior User

Re: and we're off!

Post by lynn wise »

Great news regarding the car.

Lovely photos again. Love the one of him looking through the gate, he looks so interested in what is going on around him. Lovely boy. :2035:
sammingtonsmythes

Thanks Lynn can't tell you how much i enjoy your photos.Your two are just stunning!
janrobinson
Rescue Co-ordinator
Rescue Co-ordinator

Post by janrobinson »

What a super walk. Love the pictures, scenery and the donkeys. The one of Monty looking through the gate is magic. I bet Lynda will want that one for next year.

Good news about the car. :1963
Samsmum

Post by Samsmum »

Beautiful pictures of a beautiful dog. And the foxgloves and donkeys are nice too. Thanks so much for sharing.
Best wishes - Samsmum
sammingtonsmythes

Thanks you two.Going mad with the camera today will post some more soon.Hoping to get a closer look at the baby donkey its adorable!!! :love5
sonia
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by sonia »

Just fabby photos some beautiful scenery, but best of all the photo of Monty what a handsome chap he is :love5
lynn wise
Senior User
Senior User

Post by lynn wise »

Looking forward to more pictures. Can't wait to see baby donkey.
:1964
sammingtonsmythes

Well would you believe it.Monty now loves going in the car.He even goes without me in the backseat now -just my Husband which he is thrilled about-a bit of male bonding.
Next step with Ellie also and then we can book a holiday hooray!!! :1942:
janrobinson
Rescue Co-ordinator
Rescue Co-ordinator

Post by janrobinson »

That is good news. Hasn't taken too long has it? :love4
lynn wise
Senior User
Senior User

Post by lynn wise »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Brilliant news, bet you're thrilled to bits. Like Jan says, it has'nt taken long for him to decide it's fun to go somewhere different.
The world's your oyster now. No stopping you. :1951:
Lxx
lenny
Senior User
Senior User

Post by lenny »

Brilliant news, I bet the holiday brochures are already being thumbed through. :thumbleft
Samsmum

Post by Samsmum »

Well done - your efforts have paid off. Hope you have many happy trips with both Ellie and Monty.
lisa70

Post by lisa70 »

Nice to hear your great news well done Monty :1964 happy Holidays...
sammingtonsmythes

Thanks everyone.No it didn't take very long once he found his feet.Went as a whole family tonight.
Monty was very keen to have Ellie along for half way as Monty needs a longer walk than Ellie who is still brilliant on her legs but we have to be careful with our old lady.He kept looking back to see where we had got to then had a lovely reunion to make the return journey.You are absolutely right will be booking a holiday at Combermere Abbey again tomorrow!!Trip to the pub next for Monty i think to see how he takes to it.:love5