Anyone have the same problem in doorways?

Share your story about your rescue dog -good or bad

Moderators: CarolynM, janrobinson

marianne

Re: Anyone have the same problem in doorways?

Post by marianne »

Jasper was over the heath playing with a Vizsia when they ran into the back of my legs, i went flying over but managed to land on the dogs ( nice soft landing), neither dog battered an eyelid and just carried on playing. My friend thought it was the funniest thing ever and could n,t stop laughing, i wasn,t hurt just very embarrassed.
:1942:
Cobi and Ginnies Mum

Post by Cobi and Ginnies Mum »

You were lucky.....
We were wallking with Ginnie, Cobi and had two extra goldens, Lottie and Megan who were staying with us whilst their Mum and Dad were abroad and I very selfishly spoilt 'their walk' when Ginnie went thundering into me, breaking my left ankle, at the beginning of the walk.... as I am lying in a crumpled heap screaming and crying a 'rescue collie' is helping herself to the biscuits in my pocket. All ended well eventually, and out of plaster, 4 days before Christmas (2006) !!!! :1960:
lenny
Senior User
Senior User

Post by lenny »

So its not only your heart that a golden can break :1960 . Glad to hear your fine now :thumbleft
marianne

Post by marianne »

You poor thing, i hope your ok now
Its not only goldies that run into you, I got knocked over by a Border terrier, the owner was so apologetic, I felt stupid because it was such a small dog, mind you i hobbled home and my leg was covered in bruises.

What always amazes me is when I walk through the wood and Jasper is tearing after another dog, how he manages to never run into trees. He zips round them with greatest agility. Then gets home and turns into couch potato. :1944: