Share your fundraising ideas

Moderators: CarolynM, janrobinson

lynn wise
Senior User
Senior User

Funday 2012

Post by lynn wise »

A lovely day out once again, thanks go to Jan and her helpers, a Grand Job,

So nice to put faces to names, thankyou to all that had the courage to ask if I was ----, so lovely to say " hello" and to speak to you all about your dear dogs.
Also nice to meet the dogs whose stories we have followed, what a change in them. Well done to you all for givng them so much in the way of love and understanding.
One little girl that broke me up a while ago, came along with her family to say hello, what a sweetie, so different to the poor little girl that went into Jans care, then to her lovely Mum and Dad and family. Just heart warming, it showed what can be achieved in the proper hands. Honey, you made my day.

Must not forget all the lovely folk we have met on a regular funday outing, great to see you all.To the new boys we have chatted to on here, great to chat.

Could go on forever, best wishes to you all, see you next year. :love4
bentley
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Funday 2012

Post by bentley »

It was a fab day out. :1963 :1963 Bentley certainly enjoyed himself and it was lovely for me and Bob to meet so many of you and make a few new friends.

So many goldens in one place was a sight for sore eyes. Thanks, Jan for organising it all and for all the unsung heros who make it all happen. Our rosettws are now proudly displayed for all to see, especially the 3rd place one for best six legs!! I knew that pale blue hairy lags with big hiking socks and boots was a look that people secretly admired. :1968 :1968 :1968

See you all next year.
Linda

Post by Linda »

Really enjoyed today and it was great to have sunshine after the rain last year.

Met some lovely people with their gorgeous goldies and nice to put names to faces. Thanks Lynn for your kind words about Honey - I know you take a big interest in what happens to these goldens. It was lovely to meet you and David and, of course, Willow & Woody. Nice to meet Lenny and the lovely Snowy & Emily. We also met a VERY clean Bentley who is growing up fast!

A big thank you to Jan and her helpers for all their hard work and putting on a great day.

See you all next year :love4
superjazz

Post by superjazz »

Yes , a really good day . So much to enjoy and meet old friends and make new ones. Katie was brilliant and did not have a bark at any Golden.
Thanks to everyone who made it happen.
Pat , Syd & Katie.
janrobinson
Rescue Co-ordinator
Rescue Co-ordinator

Post by janrobinson »

Just to say thank you to you all for firstly... taking one of our Goldies to your hearts and secondly for supporting us on the day. Many who couldn't come supported us in other ways selling raffle tickets and sending items for the stall Tombola and raffle. All in all a lovely day which I personally thoroughly enjoyed and I did get to talk to quite a lot of you which made a nice change for me to do that. I must have got everybody organised. It's not taken me long just a good few years.

Hopefully we will have the pictures on here soon.

:love4
rosndog

Post by rosndog »

We too would like to express our warmest thanks to Jan and her gang of willing helpers , all of whom helped to make the Fun Day exactly that... a real fun day, for Goldens and owners alike.

It was really good to put faces to names from the website, and of course to meet their dogs in person...Bentley really does come in 'cream' as well as 'muddy brown'!

All in all a lovely day... and the sun shone :2035:

Ros, Ian and Sophie :bounce:
Ellas mum
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Ellas mum »

:2035: Hi everyone,

We had such a lovely Funday on Saturday and as always, met old friends, some having taken a new Golden into their hearts and given them a new start in life, and also new friends and their Golden companions.

Thank you to Jan and her tireless helpers, to a super kitchen, and to Linda (cobi and ginnies mum) for again producing a wonderful calender. Already looking forward to next year.

Jean, Ray and Ella.
hairydog

Post by hairydog »

Look forward to the pictures was a truly lovely day, seeing all those goldens happy with their families,and the sun shone..even better.... :thumbsup:
lenny
Senior User
Senior User

Post by lenny »

The best fun day yet, so many lovely goldens and their parents. Met both old and new friends, and just like you Lynn little Honey was the highlight for me, the bond between her and Linda and her husband and daughter, was so special she has been through so much, but Honey looked so happy it almost brought a tear to my eye. All the goldens looked so happy and loved so much, it was so nice that Jan had some time to see for herself that all the hard work she and everyone who helps out, had made so many goldens and peoples lives so much happier, Thank you so much Jan :love3 Leslie I will never tire of seeing photos of Bently or any golden come to think of it, so I am looking foward to all the photos of this years fun day. Once again many thanks to everyone who made saturday so special, and of course Lynn Dave Woody and Willow, it was so nice to talk to you both in person once again :love4 Lenny & sister Shirley.
lynn wise
Senior User
Senior User

Post by lynn wise »

Lovely to see you, Shirley and the dogs Lenny. Was telling Jan yesterday about Emily and the toy seal, that was so funny, even stranger was the fact that she knew the little girl sat by the ringside had it in her carrier bag. I think had it been bigger, more Retriever mouth size, I would have willingly bought her it, so funny to watch her. Have a good holiday both of you.
L xx

About Honey, she is frightened of the car, we managed to gain her trust with biscuits, I threw one into the back of ours, and in she jumped. All fine until Willow decided to join her, but at least it was a step forward for the little lass. It will come in time I'm sure as her family are just lovely, and they've done so well with her, poor little mite.

Talking to Baby Bens' mum and grannie, I just said to them, " if all these dogs could tell their stories, we would never have dry eyes again". Mustn't go down that route, they are all so loved and cared for now, that's all that matters. THANKS TO JAN. :love5