Shopping

Share your funnies and have a laugh - Remember, there may be young eyes watching so keep it clean

Moderators: CarolynM, janrobinson

Steve
Senior User
Senior User

Shopping

Post by Steve »

I had to get some shopping for daughter today, only from Asda, so I thought I'll treat myself to a couple of bottles of wine.
Upside.........
The very, very young work experience checkout girl I, D me. :2026:
Downside........

The "err" more mature lady on the next till said "I think he's Ok".. :1947:
lynn wise
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Shopping

Post by lynn wise »

Steve, you should be flattered :2079: :1945: :1942:
Steve
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Steve »

flattered or flattened :2079: :2079: :2079: :2079: :1968
lenny
Senior User
Senior User

Post by lenny »

She I D you,she must have said hey ya steve back on the wine again are you. :1960
lynn wise
Senior User
Senior User

Post by lynn wise »

Well, this morning I joined Steves' club.

After shopping, I called in at B&Q for some fence paint. Imagine my face when the young assistant asked me if I was over 18!!!!!!!( can I even remember that).
Now I'll be the first to admit that I scrub up half decent when necessary, but 18, more like 80.
A chap behind me, a farmer, looked at me in total disbelief (rotter) both stood there shell shocked.
What do they teach these young ones these days, is it just a standard question they have to ask? 'cos no way would I pass that test, 18, I ask you. :2079: :2074:
It didn't make my day, that's for sure.
lenny
Senior User
Senior User

Post by lenny »

You are as young as you Feel Lynn :thumbleft Didnt know you had to be over eighteen to buy fence paint though, there again when was the last time you saw someone under eighteen painting a fence. :1960
Samsmum

Post by Samsmum »

Oh Lynn! Isn't life funny?
On Monday I went to the Doctors and I was booked in with one I had never heard of. I went upstairs to the waiting room (the upstairs ones are for the ones good on their legs!!); when my name came up on the screen i went across to the consulting room door and knocked, and a voice rang out very loudly -"Hi....ya!!"
I took that to mean please come in, so I did. I sat down, and the doctor introduced herself and said "I like your necklace!. Now, what's going on?"
Is this a new approach? I am gettin quite bewildered by these young people asking pensioners for ID and now the doctor addressing me like someone at the local Disco!
If this is progress, let's go back a bit!!!
That's my rant for today - Best wishes - Joyce. :1960
lenny
Senior User
Senior User

Post by lenny »

Must admit , when I visit the doctor the most common greeting is, how are you, or whats the problem. If I was fine I wouldnt be at the doctors, and isnt his or her job to tell me whats wrong with me. The worst though for me is when you phone up thr receptionist asks, is it an emergency if it was I would go to the hospital, and because its not can you come a week on monday, Ill probably have passed away by then. :2005: