Letter From Heaven

A place for Poems & Odes
Let your creative juices flow

Moderators: CarolynM, janrobinson

ceitadh

Letter From Heaven

Post by ceitadh »

To my dearest family,some things I'd like to say.But,first of all,to let you know,that I arrived okay.
I'm writing this from heaven.Here I dwell with God above.Here ,there's no more tears of sadness.Here is just eternal love.Please do not be unhappy just because I'm out of sight.
Remember that I am with you every morning,noon and night.
That day I had to leave you when mylife on earth was through.God picked me up and hugged me and He said, "I welcome you.It's good to have you back again,you were missed while you were gone. As for your dearest family,they'll be here later on. I need you here badly,you're part of my plan. There's so much that we have to do,to help our mortal man". God gave me a list of things, that he wished for me to do. And foremost on the list of things,was to watch and care for you.
And when you lie in bed at night the day's chores put to flight. God and I are closest to you ......in the middle of the night.When you think of my life on earth,and all those loving years,because you are only human,they are bound to bring you tears. But do not be afraid to cry,it does relieve the pain. Remember there would be no flowers,unless there was some rain.
I wish that I would tell you all that God had planned. If I were to tell you,you wouldn't understand. But one thing is for certain, though my life on earth is o'er, I'm closer to you now than I ever was before. There are many rocky roads ahead of you and many hills to climb: But together we can do it by takin one day at a time. It was always my philosophy and I'd like it for you too: That as you give unto this world, the world will give to you. If you can help somebody who's in sorrow and pain: Then you can say to God at night...." My day was not in vain" And now I'm contented.... that my life was worthwhile. Knowing as I passed along the way I made somebody smile. So if you meet somebody who is sad and feeling low.Just lend a hand to pick him up,as on your way you go. When you're walking down the street and you've got me on your mind. I'm walking in your footsteps only half a step behind. And when it's time to go...from that body to be free. Remember you're not going... you're comingg here to me.

A friend gave me this poem after I lost my Dad on the 4Th January 2007. It's taken me a long time to be able to read it without being upset,but now it brings comfort. I hope it brings comfort to anyone who has lost someone dear or even a doggy friend.

Audrey.
Steve
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Letter From Heaven

Post by Steve »

Thanks Audrey :love3
Samsmum

Post by Samsmum »

Hello Audrey!
Thank you for sharing that lovely poem. I am so glad it is now bringing you comfort. I'm sure we all feel for you and wish you well.
Samsmum (Joyce)
janrobinson
Rescue Co-ordinator
Rescue Co-ordinator

Post by janrobinson »

What a lovely poem so emotional

:love4
hairydog

Post by hairydog »

Lovely poem Audrey.... my BIL had to have his 15yr old GSD put to sleep last Friday, he had a great life running in 200 acres every day (they have a farm) so ill print this off for him...Thankyou.
lenny
Senior User
Senior User

Post by lenny »

Very moving Ceitidh , took me several attempts to read it, I must need some new glasses. :2006:
lynn wise
Senior User
Senior User

Post by lynn wise »

Or if you're like Jan and I Lenny, it was probably tissues that were needed.
Lovely verse, thankyou. :love4
sammingtonsmythes

Post by sammingtonsmythes »

Thank you Audrey just lovely.Thinking about dear Ellie who i still can't believe has gone
love Diane & Monty
xx