A place for Poems & Odes
Let your creative juices flow

Moderators: CarolynM, janrobinson

Ellas mum
Senior User
Senior User

I rescued a human today

Post by Ellas mum »

I rescued a human today. Her eyes met mine as she walked down the corridor peering apprehensively into the kennels. I felt her need instantly and knew I had to help her. I wagged my tail, not too exuberantly, so she wouldn't be afraid.

As she stopped at my kennel I blocked her view from a little accident I had in the back of my cage. I didn't want her to know that I hadn't been walked today. Sometimes the shelter keepers get too busy and I didn't want her to think poorly of them.

As she read my kennel card I hoped that she wouldn't feel sad about my past. I only have the future to look forward to and want to make a difference in someone's life. She got down on her knees and made little kissy sounds at me. I shoved my shoulder and side of my head up against the bars to comfort her. Gentle fingertips caressed my neck; she was desperate for companionship. A tear fell down her cheek and I raised my paw to assure her that all would be well.

Soon my kennel door opened and her smile was so bright that I instantly jumped into her arms. I would promise to keep her safe. I would promise to always be by her side. I would promise to do everything I could to see that radiant smile and sparkle in her eyes. I was so fortunate that she came down my corridor. So many more are out there who haven't walked the corridors. So many more to be saved. At least I could save one ♥~

I rescued a human today. Author: Janine Allen CPDT
lynn wise
Senior User
Senior User

Re: I rescued a human today

Post by lynn wise »

Oh my goodness, need the tissues again. Thankyou Jean, that is so beautiful. Lord, can't see the keyboard.
:love4
Steve
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Steve »

:2024: :2024: :1971 Thanks Jean.
Samsmum

Post by Samsmum »

That is a lovely piece Jean. Thank you for sharing it with us. It is really "the other side of the coin" isn't it?
Best wishes - Joyce. :1942:
lenny
Senior User
Senior User

Post by lenny »

So moving, hope it makes a lot of people think, and then act. :thumbleft
bentley
Senior User
Senior User

Post by bentley »

That was lovely, very moving, it made me cry.

Lesley
janrobinson
Rescue Co-ordinator
Rescue Co-ordinator

Post by janrobinson »

I need a new box of tissues now. That is just lovely. :love4
sammingtonsmythes

Post by sammingtonsmythes »

oh my god just watched diy sos cried buckets now you've just set me off again.Beautiful thank you xxx
:love4