Easter away anyone?

As we all have dogs and may want to take them with us... have you any suggestions for holdiay destinations etc that are dog friendly and where you had a great time?

Moderators: CarolynM, janrobinson

Eastonwolfs

Easter away anyone?

Post by Eastonwolfs »

Anyone else away with four legged companion/s for Easter?

We're off to Northumberland in a cottage near the beach...me, hubby (light of my life, knight in shining armour, ironer par excellant) and the fluffy one (Amber) on her first beach holiday with us.

Hope we get some nice Spring-like days for walking...
lynn wise
Senior User
Senior User

Post by lynn wise »

Have a super holiday. Hope Amber enjoys the beach. A cottage in Northumbria. Wonderful. We had a holiday up there about 26 years ago,spent all the week telling other half, that our Bracken needed a friend.The rest I'm afraid is history, we quickly became hooked forever on our gorgeous Goldens. You have been warned Susan :lol:
hairydog

Post by hairydog »

Hope the weather stays nice hoping to go to our caravan in the lakes for Easter we dont mention the "C" word as both of mine know they are going and get excited, they follow me round the house as I put things in the caravan box, so they know the trip is pending... :)
jessies mum

Post by jessies mum »

Hope you all have a lovely time..... northumberland is lovely, we were at berwick upon tweed for the day and found a super little beach "spittal promenade" Was great for the dogs.
Hope the weather is good to you
x
patnpaul
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by patnpaul »

Hello all, easter is a bit early for us so we are staying at home and taking Holly for long walks and hopefully some gardening. Will be getting the van out next month to see how Holly enjoys travelling, starting fairly local and building up to the summer. Whatever you are doing this weekend, enjoy :lol:
Cobi and Ginnies Mum

Only visiting friends that are caravanning for Easter

Post by Cobi and Ginnies Mum »

We are only visiting friends that are caravanning on Easter Sunday, Hubby works all the Bank Holidays, (then gets the time off later) a little too busy for us, don't like the traffic queues on the motorways that occur around these holidays. Sadly the weather forecast is horrible for Easter Sunday, which is a shame for everyone going away, maybe snow!!
Our caravan has been serviced and re-packed and is ready for early April, the Malvern area is the first outing, I use the 'caravanning' word when I want my two to pose for the camera and sit up straight and look alert with their ears up, or the word 'swim' works just as well.