Help Please!!!

As we all have dogs and may want to take them with us... have you any suggestions for holdiay destinations etc that are dog friendly and where you had a great time?

Moderators: CarolynM, janrobinson

Wickets mum

Help Please!!!

Post by Wickets mum »

I have been trawling through 'pet friendly' websites for 3 hours and it has finally clicked that all you lovely people may be able to help me!
My 'other half' and I are due to be married April 2010; after much planning we are now onto the task of our honeymoon. After all the stress and excitement of the big day we both agree that our perfect break would be to take off up to Scotland for a week to get over it all (and of course Wick is coming too!). Any suggestions on where to go would be gratefully recieved - I say Scotland because I have never been, but actually we would like to go anywhere north of Skipton preferably near a dog friendly coast (although not compulsory). Most improtant requirements are clean, friendly, Wickwack friendly and (even better still) within walking distance of a/some 'good food pub(s)'. I am so stressed with the whole event that the first suggestion may well be taken!!!

Hope to hear from you
Soph :2058:
gordons mum and dad
Intermediate User
Intermediate User

Re: Help Please!!!

Post by gordons mum and dad »

Hi Soph

If you are really struggling we have a cottage in the south Lakes that we rent out to doggies and their owners. You can view the cottage on www.sykescottages.co.uk and put in property reference number 1632, it should come up as Tree Tops in Meathop (which is near Grange over Sands). If you want to book Tree Tops let me know as (although I shouldn't say this) it is cheaper through us, and we will also give a percentage of the rental to Jan for the rescue. Please do not feel obliged to go to our place, it is just a suggestion and we'll not be offended if you book elsewhere.

Carole x :2081:
Cobi and Ginnies Mum

Post by Cobi and Ginnies Mum »

Hello Wickets Mum

Gordons place sounds lovely in the Lakes, but if you do make it up past the Lakes, turn left on the A75 at Gretna and keep going until you get to one of our favourite areas.

This is the area where we have been going to at least once a year since 1994. Although we use a touring caravan and stay 2 miles from here, the Ginnie and Cobi love this beach as well. The last few frames are of Port Logan, whilst sitting outside the pub to take the sun going down through the belltower (Bronson from this website knows this beach, and Corwen another of Jan's dogs) There is a large farmhouse called Muldaddie there that self caters and they used to take dogs, wonderful views over the sea... only a matter of 100yards down the drive and you are on the beach and a further 100yards and you are in the pub at Port Logan !! A BBC series was filmed here in 1999 for several years called, 2000 Acres of Sky with Michelle Collins and Paul Kaye about a school being closed through lack of children although 'they' pretended it was a far flung Scottish island, and the Port Logan Inn was called the Raeburn Hotel. Port Patrick ( pretty little town) was featured around the harbour and is about 15 miles away and Stranraer is 14miles. It's really is beautiful, but it can also be wild and windy, Wicket would love it.
gordons mum and dad
Intermediate User
Intermediate User

Post by gordons mum and dad »

Port Logan looks absolutely idyllic, fancy trying there myself!!! :1957: