an appeal for another Charlie

Talk about your dogs, seek advice and share experiences

Moderators: CarolynM, janrobinson

janrobinson
Rescue Co-ordinator
Rescue Co-ordinator

an appeal for another Charlie

Post by janrobinson »

You will remember me telling you about the dog off the internet. I need a foster home for him so we can get his eye operated on to help him regain his sight. I can not have it done while he is in kennels. So is there anyone out there who could do this for a short while. I do not know how he would be with another dog as although he was with the bitch he knew her and any other he may feel is a threat.

I am also appealing for funds to help woth the operation which will probably cost at least £1000.
sammingtonsmythes

Re: an appeal for another Charlie

Post by sammingtonsmythes »

Jan have do you know anyone who could set up a gofundme account for the rescue and we can appeal on Facebook or Twitter(i'm not on)I have seen these sort of appeals get to their target pretty fast.Good luck with Charlie xxx
it makes it very easy for people to pay i think via paypal.Will send you a cheque from Monty in the meantime.Just had a word with Andy will send asap hope it helps
janrobinson
Rescue Co-ordinator
Rescue Co-ordinator

Post by janrobinson »

Thanks Diane, I have to admit I do not like Paypal I think if anyone donated it should all be for Rescue and not a % for paypal Just my thoughts anyway. We will see how we go As soon as we have a home for him or a foster home he will have the op whether or not.
sammingtonsmythes

Post by sammingtonsmythes »

Yes i understand how you feel Jan.Hope you find someone to foster.
Monty is most definately my dog.I spend all my time with him i suppose and put in an awful lot of work when we first got him.He is the most wonderful dog.So good.Didn't take much training to get him out of any bad habits.We are like a team.He rests with me when i need to rest.
Trouble is when Andy comes in he barely reacts at all.Bless.Andy doesn't mind though.If he's on the sofa he doesn't even get down the lazy boy!Can't thank you enough-again!i am going to have to get a whole lot better than i am unfortunately ,if we are to have another.Andy is doing all the walking at the moment.It wouldn't be fair on him to make more work when i am not able.I miss the lovely walks desperately but am working on medication and am hoping to get some energy back.If i had my way we would have another now!Still not sure how Monty would be.He loved Ellie but it's very much his house now.He is such a happy boy!
Love Diane xxx :love5