Happy Forever Home Day Bentley

Talk about your dogs, seek advice and share experiences

Moderators: CarolynM, janrobinson

bentley
Senior User
Senior User

Happy Forever Home Day Bentley

Post by bentley »

We always celebrate forever home day. It's a very special occasion for us.

Yesterday was Bentley's 11th forever home day.

I took him along to Cockington Country Park for a little bimble around. It was a lovely, sunny day with lots of dogs of all shapes and sizes. Bentley tried to make friends with them all. He saunters up to them with his big, goofy grin on his face to say hello. I just wish he'd say hello to the face before the other end. More than one dog nearly jumped out of their skin when Bentley's cold, wet nose investigated their rear end.

Now that he's getting on a bit and is almost totally deaf and occasionally confused I have to keep a very close eye on him. I still like to let him have some freedom though so I won't keep him on his lead all the time. There's no point trying to call him so I just have to follow him until he remembers me and turns round. He can't move very fast now so there's no danger of him running off.

We only go to the beach about once a week now for a few minutes because it tires him out too much. He loves going but I can see it's a big effort for him. As much as he loves the water he can't run Baywatch style through it like he used to.

Here's photo of him this morning and once again, the fist photo we ever took of him. He's still as handsome as ever.

janrobinson
Rescue Co-ordinator
Rescue Co-ordinator

Re: Happy Forever Home Day Bentley

Post by janrobinson »

Happy Forever home day dear Bentley. Super picture of your handsome boy. xxx :1964