Forever Home Day!

Share your story about your rescue dog -good or bad

Moderators: CarolynM, janrobinson

Samsmum

Forever Home Day!

Post by Samsmum »

Hello Friends!
A week ago, 7th June to be precise, was Sam's Fifth Forever Home Day. Because of his illness, and a few family traumas thrown in, it slipped past, I am ashamed to say. As you know, Sam has been very ill, as a result of his medication, but is now much better and hopefully going back on his normal diet tomorrow. I'm sure he must be fed up with boiled rice with bits of chicken in it. He is still limping a bit, but seems much improved.
Sam is a real Dad's boy, so as it is Father's Day on Sunday, we are going to have a little celebration then.
He was 11 months old when he came to us, so will be 6 years old in July.
Sam has brought us so much love and happiness, I can never thank Jan enough for allowing us to have him. He is so good, and we love him to bits, and it upset us no end when he was so ill, but thankfully, he's a big strong lad and getting back to normal.
Thank you all for your kind and supportive comments.
Hope you and all your lovely Goldens are in fine form.
Best wishes - Samsmum (Joyce), David, and, of course, Sam. :love4 :1964 :2362:
lynn wise
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Forever Home Day!

Post by lynn wise »

Happy Belated home day to Sam, Joyce and David.

Pleased to hear that Sam is on the mend now, a worrying time for you I'm sure.

:love6
janrobinson
Rescue Co-ordinator
Rescue Co-ordinator

Post by janrobinson »

So happy to hear Sam is a lot better now. Have a lovely day on Sunday :love4
Steve
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Steve »

Have a happy forever home day Sam :bighug: from Steve.

Ps. take uncle Harold a choccy bar :1972
bentley
Senior User
Senior User

Post by bentley »

Happy forever home day, Sam. :bighug:

I'm glad he's on the mend and hope you are too, Joyce.

Lesley
rosndog

Post by rosndog »

Hi Sam,

It's Sophie here (the one who shreds tissues and charity bags) - so glad you are celebrating your Forverer Home Day tomorrow- I had my first one back in April and could hardly believe how quickly a year could pass. Have a lovely day and I'm so glad you and your mum are now feeling much better,

Big licks,
Sophie :bighug:
lenny
Senior User
Senior User

Post by lenny »

Have a great day on sunday, so much to celebrate, Sam getting better and also his 5th foreverhome day and fathers day as well, all our love Lenny Celia Emily and Snowy. :love4
superjazz

Post by superjazz »

Hello Joyce , Dave and Sam,
Hope you are having a good day today with the dual celebration. So pleased everyone is feeling much better.
Best wishes,
Pat, Syd, & Katie.

:2806: :thumbsup:
sammingtonsmythes

Post by sammingtonsmythes »

have a lovely time all of you
xxx
milo's mum

Post by milo's mum »

happy belated forever home day sam and i hope you and your family have had a lovely day
Samsmum

Post by Samsmum »

Hello Friends!
We had a quiet day yesterday on Sams' Fifth Forever Home Day, as he is still limping, and hasn't to walk far or run about, but I am sure he will make up for that later.
I had been feeling a bit run-down (Lot of stress recently),so I chilled out, and David and I had a Chinese takeway (lazy woman that I am!!!). Sam enjoyed a bit of rice and a bit of chicken so he was pleased with that.
He is back on his normal diet now and is O.K.
Can't believe it is five years since we brought a very terrified little lad to live with us. I couldn't believe it when we went to see him. His back end was tucked right under with no tail in sight, and as his full coat had not come on, he looked quite puny and small. In fact I had the temerity to ask Jan if he was actually a whippet!
But after a few days he straightened out ( I thought he was going to be a "hunchback" at first) but after a few days he had settled down, and proved to be the best dog we could ever have had. H is so loving and obedient (already trained when we got him),and at first was terrified of men and wouldn't let them in the house, as many of you already know, but with patience and lots of love he soon became their best friend.
We are grateful that Jan had faith in us; she was a wonderful help and friend in the early days.
Thanks from Sam for all your good wishes -
we all look forward to seeing you at the Fun Day.
God Bless - Joyce, David and Sam. :love5 :1954:
Steve
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Steve »

Fantastic Joyce.....................:1945:
Samsmum

Post by Samsmum »

Hi Steve!
Unfortunately Sam was unable to celebrate with Harold, as Harold is in Cyprus for three weeks, hopefully, enjoying the sun. He is an amazing gentleman, and whilst Sam does visit Harold, he can no longer stay with him overnight as we are afraid Harold may fall over him in the dark if he has to get up in the night, and Harold appreciates our concern. But they are still best friends, and love each other to bits.
Best wishes - Joyce. :1942: