Sam!

Share your story about your rescue dog -good or bad

Moderators: CarolynM, janrobinson

Samsmum

Sam!

Post by Samsmum »

Hello friends!
Five years ago, in June, we went to Jan's to collect Sam.
On the 25th June, we took him to the vet's to be checked over, etc., and asked how old she thought he was and she said he was about ll months old, so that made his birthday in July.
So yesterday was my birthday, and I share it with Sam, so off we went to St. Annes-on-Sea for the day.
It was very windy and blustery, but we had a good time. We took Sam on the beach and he had a good run, with us a long way behind - then a good lunch at the Beach Terrace Cafe, and then another good run -this time, David and I lagged way behind, but as always, Sam came back to see what was keeping us, and then a walk along the prom to the Pier. Then David and Sam waited patiently whilst I had a little retail therapy, and then back to Pier for an Ice Cream. Sam loves the little Mini-Milks, so he had one of those, and then we marched back to the car - Sam, as usual, still full of energy, and David and I flagging visibly. We set off back, only to be turned off the motorway due to an accident further on, and we had to go to Lancaster to get on to the other side of the motorway - 34 miles altogether, and then home tired but happy - Sam and I had a lovely birthday.
Best wishes from us both - Joyce and Sam. :love4 :1942:
Steve
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Sam!

Post by Steve »

Great news Joyce, so pleased you & Sam had a most enjoyable day, HAPPY BIRTHDAY :1999: and many happy returns :love4 :1951:
sammingtonsmythes

Post by sammingtonsmythes »

Happy Birthday to both of you!!!!! :love6
lenny
Senior User
Senior User

Post by lenny »

Great to hear you and Sam had a great birthday, you wont believe what we did with our two on tuesday, we went to Lytham, took them for a run on the beach, then took them to the pier for a ice cream, not the one next to the chippy the one a few yards further near the paddling pool, it was drizzling all the time we were there , so went back thursday just me and the wife this time to do her retail therapy, and had our dinner at wheelans cafe, the best fish & chips Ive had in ages. Seems we have very simalar minds. :2074:
lynn wise
Senior User
Senior User

Post by lynn wise »

:n6:
Happy Birthdays to Joyce and Sam.

You sound to have had alovely day out, ice cream as well. Wow, lucky boy.

:bighug: s and kisses.from :love6
bentley
Senior User
Senior User

Post by bentley »

Happy birthday to you both. You picked a brilliant way to celebrate it. St Anne's is one of my favourite places and the beach terrace cafe, is that the one on the pier? I bet they spoilt Sam rotten knowing it was his birthday. :1972
Samsmum

Post by Samsmum »

Thank you all so much for your greetings for mine and Sam's birthday. Another year older and .........as the song says!
No, the Beach Terrace Cafe is the one about 1/3rd mile towards Lytham, and has a large car park on a low level beside it, so we were ready for the ice-cream at the Pier shop!!
Again, many thanks to you all, and very best wishes to you and your lovely Goldens, wherever you may be.
Samsmum (Joyce). :love4 :1954:
superjazz

Post by superjazz »

Happy Birthday to you both, glad you had a good day out despite the tour. :2806:
Pat , Syd & Katie
Ellas mum
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Ellas mum »

:2035: Happy birthday Joyce and Sam, you sound to have had a lovely day, albeit a bit hectic in the end. Tired and happy is always a good way to end the day.
We know the Beach Cafe well.....great place. We have some lovely photo's of our grandson Jake and Ella playing together in the sand dunes.
:bighug: s to you all, Jean, Ray and Ella.
janrobinson
Rescue Co-ordinator
Rescue Co-ordinator

Post by janrobinson »

Happy Birthday Joyce and Sam

with lots of love

Jan & Millie :love4 :bighug: