Staid 9 Year Old.

Share your story about your rescue dog -good or bad

Moderators: CarolynM, janrobinson

superjazz

Staid 9 Year Old.

Post by superjazz »

Not a bit of it, Katie is an adrenaline junky. She does like her morning swim and if there is any wind finds great pleasure in trying to catch white horses. (breaking white wave crests). A couple of days ago I saw the tidal bore approaching and called her out, ok she came out and sat by me. As it was a reasonable head wave it began breaking on the shore , she shot off and the next thing I saw was Katie riding the head wave,!!! It was a bit of a worry as she surfed past . Calling was no use other dog people arrived and eventually she swam out looking mighty pleased and filthy.
Pat , Syd & Katie
lynn wise
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Staid 9 Year Old.

Post by lynn wise »

Katies' definately found her sea legs by the sound of things. Waiting to hear that she's fishing as well. Jazz, she's doing you proud. :1951:
janrobinson
Rescue Co-ordinator
Rescue Co-ordinator

Post by janrobinson »

still laughing at the thought of Katie sufing past you. Where was your camera :love4
milo's mum

Post by milo's mum »

i'm with you on that one jan. imagination is a wonderful thing. chuckling my head off when i read this. it just goes to show us all that our hairy friends are not going to sit back and let life pass them by just because they are older, and if that includes riding the waves on an incoming tide, well so be it.
although with jazz fishing and katie surfing i've come to the conclusion there is definately something in the water up there.
whatever- your post has made my morning, thankyou.
bentley
Senior User
Senior User

Post by bentley »

How funny! I wish I'd seen it. :1968 :1968 :1968 :1968 :1968
sammingtonsmythes

Post by sammingtonsmythes »

oh bless her good girl
hairydog

Post by hairydog »

9 years young methinks, we have just got back from a lovely holiday in Scotland, and our Paddy (who is 10 in December) became a puppy again, where we were staying we had a huge back garden and down the road was the beach so you can guess where morning walks were, it was great to see my two running on the beach and the smiles on their faces were priceless...youre as young as you feel ...go Katie go.... :D
Steve
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Steve »

"Wow" Dude KT hangin ten :thumbsup: