Monty

Share your story about your rescue dog -good or bad

Moderators: CarolynM, janrobinson

sammingtonsmythes

Monty

Post by sammingtonsmythes »

Hello Everyone!Just thought i would share with you what a lovely dog Monty has become and how he shows his gratitude for giving him a second chance.
As you might know i have chronic pain and now fatique syndrome.
Monty loves to cuddle up to me when i have to lie down for a rest.He likes
to put his paws around me and gives out little sighs now and again.He often
brings me presents and is very dextrous with his mouth.Every morning he brings
me something different.It can be 4 (clean)socks that he has carefully removed one at a
time from the radiator.Today it was 2 toys and 2 rolls of velvet ribbon he found.
He arrives with such a triumphant look on his face and plops them and himself
down next to me.I can hear him coming,he is always in a rush to come and cuddle up.
He is the first retriever we have had that would choose a cuddle over food.
Well you can imagine the joy he brings me and my Husband Andy.At weekends in the mornings he comes back to bed with both of us and lies between us with legs in the air giving out little squeeks now and again for a tummy rub.
Thank you Jan again for the joy you have brought us and the new life you have given to Monty.You remember well no doubt like we do what a state of agitation and fear he was in when we went to meet him.You know i once asked Andy what did you think when they brought him out of the Kennel.He said i thought NO WAY!Well he is glad like i am that he said nothing.But it made me laugh.I think he trusted my instincts being as i spend all day in the company of these wonderful creatures.
Aren't we all so very lucky.They give back far more than we ever expect from them.
Thinking of all of you and your wonderful Goldens.I always think that fate plays a part in
all of our unions with our wonderful friends and that any one of these dogs at any time could have been OUR own.
Love Diane,Andy & Monty
xxx
:love4
janrobinson
Rescue Co-ordinator
Rescue Co-ordinator

Re: Monty

Post by janrobinson »

That is just lovely Diane. Monty is so cherished :love4
sammingtonsmythes

Re: Monty

Post by sammingtonsmythes »

He is Jan very much thank you.I'm for cuddles and Andy mostly for exercise.
Although i'm good for a game of frisbee most days.
:love4 To you xxx
I must place an order fro some calendars!