ZIGGY

Share your story about your rescue dog -good or bad

Moderators: CarolynM, janrobinson

janrobinson
Rescue Co-ordinator
Rescue Co-ordinator

ZIGGY

Post by janrobinson »

Just to let you know that Ken has lost dear old Ziggy.peacefully in his sleep after having several strokes which he got over with his determination to carry on. After having a wonderful day into everything and being his mischevious self he had his tea and then settled down and got comfortable and went to sleep, with everyone around him. It took Ken a while to realise that he was not going to wake up but it was a good way for Ziggy. Eight wonderful happy loved years with Ken. He will be really missed. :cry3:
Steve
Senior User
Senior User

Re: ZIGGY

Post by Steve »

Thanks Jan, so sorry to hear the sad news about Mr Ziggs I know he will be sadly missed by ken and all his friends in Arnside. Ziggy is front centre on the card :2024:

lynn wise
Senior User
Senior User

Post by lynn wise »

Very sad when I heard this news, but also pleased that Mr. Ziggs had had a wonderful day with his family and friends around him.
Ken will miss his special boy I'm sure, he loved him so much. What a wonderful life Mr. Ziggs had with his forever Dad and the Girls. Solid as a rock, he taught the girls the ropes when they went to live with him, such a gentleman.
Sleep well old lad. Our thoughts go to Ken and the girls. :love4
superjazz

Post by superjazz »

Such sad news, we will all miss Ziggy. I know Ken has no internet, but our thought are with him.
Pat, Syd & Katie.
hairydog

Post by hairydog »

Sorry to hear this sad news, Ziggy had a great life with Ken at Arnside, run free dear boy...
lenny
Senior User
Senior User

Post by lenny »

So sorry to hear of the loss of Ziggy, a much loved gentle golden we send our love to Ken and his family. Len Celia Emily & Snowy. :2006: :cry3:
vickic

Post by vickic »

So very sorry

Vicki, John, Flossie and Dora
Cobi and Ginnies Mum

Post by Cobi and Ginnies Mum »

Very sorry to hear about Ziggy Jan, pass our condolences to Ken please, I always used to look forward to seeing photographs of Annie, Gemma, Sally and Ziggy, and they graced many calendars, usually December.

Lynda, Les & Cobi xxx :love4
sammingtonsmythes

Post by sammingtonsmythes »

So very sorry xx
KENROTHWELL2

Post by KENROTHWELL2 »

With not being on 'the net' myself, my good friends Stephen and Karen are replying on my behalf about Mr Ziggs (Ziggy), my beloved golden who peacefully passed away on the 18/2/2013. I'd like to thank Lynn Wise for sending me the comments on the site that you have all put about him and it pleased me that he had touched so many lives of the people who had met him.

I got him in January 2005 when he was totally obese. He measured 43" around his chest, waist and hips and his front legs were 'bowed' with the weight they were carrying. It took three people to lift him into my car when I collected him from the Eccleston kennel and when I got him home he could barely walk two hundred yards.

He was walked by me, William Hughes, Patricia and Mike Lavy and between us by August 2005 he walked up Coniston Old Man. By this time his waist measured about 32" but he eventually got to 28" therefore losing an amazing 15".

At the 'Rescue' show on September 1st 2012 he won 'The Oldest Veteran' but since the middle of September he starting having strokes. He had five strokes in total and each time I thought it was the end but his fantastic fighting spirit brought him through and he got over them all. For the last five Months of his life i gave him 75mg of asprin every day and this seemed to help. The day before he died I took all the dogs-Ziggs, Annie, Sally and Gemma for their Sunday morning treats at Stephen and Karen's and Mr Ziggs had his head in Karen's pocket looking where she had hidden 'their' chew sticks!

He was so laid back and gentle and was loved by everyone who met him. He was always the first on the bed-two paws on waiting to be lifted on! I've friends in Preston whose Brother only met Mr Ziggs two or three times but always asked how he was when they returned home from their caravan.

That was Ziggy-once seen never forgotten with a place in everyone's heart!

Thank you to everyone for your kind comments. It has helped greatly.

Ken Rothwell
lynn wise
Senior User
Senior User

Post by lynn wise »

So very pleased that Karen managed to get Kens reply to you all on the site. Ken was amazed at the response to his sad news about Ziggy, he could hardly believe it. I told him that so many people knew him and the dogs, they were bound to offer their thoughts and good wishes. Ken just kept saying " I can't believe it, how kind of everyone".
I think the circumstances leading up to Mr. Ziggs passing helped Ken a lot. The old lad had had a lovely day with his family and friends, went to sleep and didn't wake. The first night, one of the girls went and laid on Mr. Ziggs spot, but hasn't done it since then.
Our thoughts have been with Ken' such a lovely man. :love4