Recently Adopted a golden?

Share your story about your rescue dog -good or bad

Moderators: CarolynM, janrobinson

hairydog

Recently Adopted a golden?

Post by hairydog »

If you have recently adopted a golden then come on lets hear their story and a picture of them in their new home..... :D
RUSSELL

Post by RUSSELL »

HI FOLKS

WE ADOPTED JASPER END OF NOVEMBER 2007 AFTER OUR GOLDEN HAD
DIED AGED 11 IN AUGUST JAN ADVISED US SHE HAD A 10 MONTH OLD
BOSTEROUS ONE. WE FELL IN LUV WITH JASPER THE MOMENT WE MET
HIM AT THE KENNELS. TO DATE WE HAVE HAD SO MUCH PLEASURE FROM
JASPER WE HAVE NEVER HAD A BOY GOLDIE BEFORE BUT TWO GIRLS. JASPER IS MORE LOVING AND AFFECTIONATE THAN THE OTHER TWO GIRLS. HE HAS SETTLED IN REALLY WELL BUT DOES HE LIKE TO PINCH THE BRA'S AND KNICKERS. WORDS CANNOT DESCRIBE THE PLEASURE
HE AS BROUGHT TO OUR HOUSE AND HE IS NOW COMING TO PUT HIS LEAD ON AND WILL COME WHEN CALLED WHEN HE IS OUT MIXING WITH OTHER DOGS NOT BAD AT JUST OVER 12 MONTHS OLD AND A RESCUE DOG AT THAT. WE ALL LUV HIM TO BITS AND IS OUR
PRIDE AND JOY WHEN WE WALK HIM. HE IS ALSO A VERY PROUD DOG AND LUVS ATTENTION WE WERE IN ILKLEY LAST WEEK AND HE WAS ON THE MAIN STREET OUTSIDE BETTY'S TEA ROOMS LOOKING UP AT PEOPLE SAYING TO HIMSELF YOU CAN STROKE ME IF YOU LIKE AND HE GOT LOADS OF STROKES AND COMMENTS HE WAS REALLY PROUD OF HIMSELF

THANKS

JAN ( A REAL TREAURE HE IS WILL TRY TO PUT A PHOTO UP ON THE SITE
jessies mum

Adopted a Golden

Post by jessies mum »

Hi all, I just found this site!!!!. My name is Ann and I adopted my golden in 2006. Her name is Jesse and she is nearly 4 yrs old now. I had previously adopted a goldie from NWGRR through Jan but sadly had to return him as i became seriously ill and felt that I would not be able to care for him as well as he deserved ( Jan knows my story). Anyways once I felt well enough again I contacted Jan to have a chat and lo and behold I found myself traveling down to meet Jesse the following day. Jesse hated cars which was going to be a problem because we had 150 miles to travel home. Can you remember Jan? We had to lift her in the car and tie her to the seat belt anchor, what a journey home that was!! Cutting a long story short it took about 2 months for Jesse to get into the car independently but now she is the first one in.
Jesse has brought so much pleasure into my life and to those around me. I am honoured to be owned by her. I will try and post some pics of her once I have figured out how !
jessies mum

Post by jessies mum »

pic of jesse after my grand daughter had finished "doing her hair"

lynn wise
Senior User
Senior User

Post by lynn wise »

Hello new users, and welcome to the site. You,ve now joined the fully affiliated doting Golden lovers!!!!
Look forward to your contributions, stories and pictures.
All the best.
Lynn
Cobi and Ginnies Mum

Post by Cobi and Ginnies Mum »

Look forward to lots of lovely photographs. Jessie is like my Ceili and a bit like our Ginnie. Lovely.
Eastonwolfs

Post by Eastonwolfs »

So lovely to hear your stories of Jasper and Jesse, they are both doing so well...Jasper sounds a right little character and Jesse looks lovely with her hair slide in! That could start a trend!

Welcome!
Last edited by Eastonwolfs on Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ellas mum
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Ellas mum »

Hi RUSSELL and jessies mum

Hope you enjoy this site as much as we all do. jessie looks so much like Ella from that angle. Look forward to more photo's soon :)
janrobinson
Rescue Co-ordinator
Rescue Co-ordinator

Post by janrobinson »

What a lot has happened on here since I last looked.

Thanks Russell Lovely to hear about Jasper who I know is happily settled with you all I have seen the photos of him and I am sure everyone will love to see them when you post them on here.

Thanks to Ann for the lovely photo of Jessie, what a difference. Iremember that day very well I never thought you would get home with the hyper little girl . What a difference.
freddiebellasmum

Post by freddiebellasmum »

We rescued Bella Nov 2006. She is on the right. She is fantastic and so well behaved. Her and Freddie have become firm friends and really enjoy walks in the woods and playfighting in the garden which is so funny to watch :lol:
janrobinson
Rescue Co-ordinator
Rescue Co-ordinator

Post by janrobinson »

Nice to see the photo they look well & happy and wet.

Thank you

Jan
SarahG
New User
New User

Re: Recently Adopted a golden?

Post by SarahG »

Hi Jan, just a quick reply to say thank you so much for Tasha, she is settling in very well. We have a few pictures we would like to send you but don't know how to attach them to this reply.
thanks
Sarah
janrobinson
Rescue Co-ordinator
Rescue Co-ordinator

Post by janrobinson »

Hello Sarah, Welcome to our site. I am so pleased Tasha is settling and I look forward to some pictures. Unfortunately I can not help you on that subject :2019: but I expect someone will be only too happy to help soon.
Ellas mum
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Ellas mum »

Hi Sarah, and welcome, :2035:
Under ...General Non Doggy Chat...there are some instructions."Putting Your Pictures in Postings" Look forward to seeing your photo's.
SarahG
New User
New User

Post by SarahG »

Hi Jan and Ella's mum thanks to your advice and my sixteen year old daughter, I am able to send you some pics of Tasha. As you can see from the photos she has already become an important part of the family.

http://i586.photobucket.com/albums/ss30 ... Tasha1.jpg
http://i586.photobucket.com/albums/ss30 ... Tasha2.jpg
http://i586.photobucket.com/albums/ss30 ... pocket.jpg