Holly has an aggressive tumour

Share your story about your rescue dog -good or bad

Moderators: CarolynM, janrobinson

Hollys Mum

Re: Holly has an aggressive tumour

Post by Hollys Mum »

Sorry to inform you that we had to take Holly to the vets this morning and let her go to the bridge. She went off her legs completely last night and we knew the time was right to let her go. She went very peacefully and, although we are devastated/heartbroken at her loss, I know we did the right thing and she can now run free again. Thanks to Jan for allowing us the pleasure of having Holly for the last eleven years and two months. Holly was 12yrs and 7months exactly today, she was an angel to own and will never be forgotten. :cry3: :angel: :2009: Lesley and Steve xxxxx
superjazz

Post by superjazz »

So sorry to read you have lost Holly, you gave a good life . You never forget departed Goldens. Our thoughts are with you at this sad time.
Pat , Syd & Katie
vickic

Post by vickic »

So very very sorry, she will never really leave you, you will have her paw print on your heart and all your memories. Thinking of you at this sad time.

Vicki, Flossie, Dora, and Rosie
janrobinson
Rescue Co-ordinator
Rescue Co-ordinator

Post by janrobinson »

Dear Lesley & Steve,

So very sorry to hear your sad news but you must take comfort from the fact you did your very best for her until no more could be done and you let her go peacefully and not frightened. You gave her so many years of love and happiness and I am thinking of you :cry3: :love4
Steve
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Steve »

So very sorry to hear of your loss, the memories never leave you.
Thinking of you. Steve.
bentley
Senior User
Senior User

Post by bentley »

I'm so sorry. It's an act of great love, letting a dog cross the bridge when it's time, as difficult as it is. You did the very best you could have done for her. Thinking of you.
Hollys Mum

Post by Hollys Mum »

Thanks for all your kind words, it means a lot. It is going to take a long time to come to terms with losing Holly but I know we have all our happy memories to cherish. House is so empty without her. The vet himself said Goldens never lose their puppy traits whatever age they live to. He was crying too!! Thanks again Jan for the privilege/honour of having Holly in our lives, we were lucky to have her for so many years of happiness. Love Lesley and Steve xxxxxxxxx :love6: :love5 :love3 :1973:
Hollys Mum

Post by Hollys Mum »

It will be 3 months tomorrow since we lost Holly, I miss her so much but know that we did the right thing for her. I do not know when I will have another dog as it would be unfair to have one at the present time. I enjoy looking at the forum updates and loved the pics from the funday. Lots of love to all who sent messages of sympathy. We have scattered Hollys ashes in the garden along with some of our old pussys too. Lots of love Lesley and Steve :love6 :love5 :1999: