Sadly we had to say goodbye to Cobi yesterday

Share your story about your rescue dog -good or bad

Moderators: CarolynM, janrobinson

Cobi & Ginnie's Mum

Sadly we had to say goodbye to Cobi yesterday

Post by Cobi & Ginnie's Mum »

We have sadly had to say goodbye to Cobi on Thursday 17th December.
Our vet had seen her the previous afternoon, taken a blood sample and it was the worst news possible, Cobi was ‘going downhill fast’, although she was still eating, going for walks, playing with her toys and us, fluid was building up in her stomach, (she was 4kgs heavier than usual) and without any further description about what was going to happen to her, probably within hours, we all sat with Cobi saying goodbye, and then afterwards stroking her, talking, crying but also laughing about what Cobi got up to …… she was such a special dog, every golden we have ever owned rolled up into one, but with extra naughty bits thrown in !!!!!
Of all the golden’s we’ve had Cobi and Ginnie (both from Jan) have been the best with children but more importantly, great with each other from day one.
Cobi and Ginnie loved each other to bits, literally,…….our home, caravan and cars have often resembled war zones, it’s never bothered us……… first time we have seen our sofa without covers on !!
Thankfully we were fortunate to have Cobi for five quality months longer than was expected, due to the wonderful care and understanding of our vet……. and we still have hundreds of thousands of photographs of what Cobi got up to !!!! We thank Jan for choosing Cobi to come and live with us and Ginnie in 2005.
But after just 24 hours without Cobi our home is too clean, too quiet………………..and our bed is now too big.
So at some time in the not too distant future we will have to have another ‘golden bundle of joy’.

will always love you :love4
'Ramble On' Cobi forever bear

Lynda :love4 and Les :love4

http://imgur.com/a/rpu9F
Last edited by Cobi & Ginnie's Mum on Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
janrobinson
Rescue Co-ordinator
Rescue Co-ordinator

Re: Sadly we had to say goodbye to Cobi yesterday

Post by janrobinson »

Still can't quite believe the free spirit that was Cobi is no longer with us. She was so loved and had such a wonderful life as all the photos of her enjoying herself can testify. :cry3: :love4
Ellas mum
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Ellas mum »

Dear Lynda & Les,

So very sorry to hear your sad news. I'm sure that dear Cobi will be remembered by most of us on here as the lovable rascal who's mission in life was to find the smelliest pile of fox poo to roll in and then seek out the muddiest puddle she could find....but we have seen her beautifully clean too :1965 .

Cobi will live on in your hearts along with all the other Goldens that you have loved and given a Forever Home, and sometime in the not too distant future, I'm sure another Golden needing a second chance in life will find a loving home with you.

We are thinking of you at this sad time.

Jean, Ray and Ella xxx
lynn wise
Senior User
Senior User

Post by lynn wise »

So very sad to get this news. Not a good place to be at for you both. In our thoughts along with wonderful memories of Cobi and Gins antics. A truly wonderful life was given to your girls.
As you say Lynda, in the not too distant future there will be another poor soul waiting for you and Les to take home and enjoy the special life that all the others have had.
Our deepest sympathy to you both. D & L xxx :love4
Hollys Mum

Post by Hollys Mum »

So very sorry to hear about Cobi xxxx Thinking of you at this sad time Lesley and Steve :cry3: :bighug:
hairydog

Post by hairydog »

So very sorry to hear this sad news :( run free Cobi...
Steve
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Steve »

So very sorry to hear about Cobi :2024: thinking of you both take, Steve.
superjazz

Post by superjazz »

So sorry to read you had lost Cobi . Not a good time of Year to say good bye to her. We know how you feel and are thoughts are with you at this sad time.
Pat & Syd
RUSSELL lumb
Senior User
Senior User

Post by RUSSELL lumb »

hI

very sorry to read your sad news we loved all the photos of Cobi and the
mischief she got up to especially rolling. just remember all the good times
and the number of people she brought joy to

best wishes
Russell-Bridget and jasper
vickic

Post by vickic »

Nothing anyone can say will make it better - so very sorry.

Thinking of you

Vicki, John, Flossie, Dora and Rosie
bentley
Senior User
Senior User

Post by bentley »

My heart goes out to you. Cobi was one of those characters who's antics I always looked forward to reading about. Bless her paws. I'm so sorry for your loss.
lenny
Senior User
Senior User

Post by lenny »

So sorry it's been so long to offer our condolences , for your loss of Cobi she really was a character , but a typical golden who had the most wonderful and loving home. Losing a golden is the only time they break your hearts but you have so many wonderful memories of her that will always bring a smile to you faces. We are thinking of all of you at this sad time Lynda Les and of course Ginnie and hope it's not to long when you share your lives with another wonderful furry companion . Love Len Celia Emily & Snowy. :cry3: :angel: :love2
Cobi & Ginnie's Mum

Post by Cobi & Ginnie's Mum »

Thank you for all your kind messages, so many members in a similar situation in 2015 have lost their beautiful dogs.

Cobi and Ginnie were 'one off' dogs that became a double act in 2005, until 6th December 2011 when Ginnie died.
Thankfully we have thousands of photographs of their lives.......which they both lived to the full and right up to the very end, thanks to our vet.

So a self indulgent tribute of photographs of Ginnie and Cobi...
A song that Les and I, as two ageing rockers have often sung the first few lines of as we walk through parts of Cannock Chase when the leaves were falling all around us......no one else about thinking we were nuts.......except for Cobi who was doing her own thing......probably 'upended' after a muddy wallow.

Leaves are falling all around,
It's time I was on my way.
Thanks to you, I'm much obliged for such a pleasant stay.
But now it's time for me to go.
The autumn moon lights my way.
For now I smell the rain,
and with it pain,
and it's headed my way.
Sometimes I grow so tired, but I know I've got one thing I got to do...
Ramble on........
And now's the time, the time is now, to sing my song.
I'm going 'round the world, I got to find my girl, on my way.
I've been this way ten years to the day, Ramble On......

Ginnie and Cobi 2000-2015
now forever bears
:love4 :love4
janrobinson
Rescue Co-ordinator
Rescue Co-ordinator

Post by janrobinson »

A truly beautiful fitting tribute to two loved happy girls. I am in bits here. :love4
superjazz

Post by superjazz »

A lovely tribute to the two Goldens. Was the song by Fred Zeppelin?
Pat & Syd.