ellie,s mum

Share your story about your rescue dog -good or bad

Moderators: CarolynM, janrobinson

leapyear29

ellie,s mum

Post by leapyear29 »

i got ellie from jan when she was just nearly 9 months old she was car sick and very nervous but she has filled a gap in my life better than any person can
she is 7rs old on 25th september 2009 and is eager to follow me to the end of the world and back as long as we are by each others side
she keeps me company at nights while my husband is working and through the days accompanys me on various different walks while my hubby sleeps without her i would be very lonely she understands me and even knows when i have sick days with my illness(lupus) to just lie besides my bed till i feel better we got her a friend called harvey but sadly he had to be put to sleep at nearly 4yrs old he was a very handsome boy and we cried buckets that sad day we go to his special place in grassmere the lakes on his birthday thats where his ashes got scatterd and ellie seems to know he is there she sits gazing at the lake with a sad face for ages
she is smaller than the average female retriever but still cute and i love her very much
Last edited by leapyear29 on Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
lynn wise
Senior User
Senior User

Re: ellie,s mum

Post by lynn wise »

Lovely to hear Ellies story. She sounds very much like our little Willow, tiny, but a heart as big as a lions. Was so sorry to hear Harveys story, you must have been devastated when it went so wrong. But, you still love him dearly, and that's what matters.
Take care. xxx
lenny
Senior User
Senior User

Post by lenny »

Great to hear Ellies such a part of your family, they are not just pets, I for one would not be without them, to lose Harvey so young must be devastating. Give Ellie a extra hug from us for being so special. :1999:
Ellas mum
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Ellas mum »

Ellie sounds a wonderfull little girl, a lovely sensitive companion who is always there for you. I too was saddened to read about Harvey, but he will always be close, and happy memories will remaln xx
leapyear29

Post by leapyear29 »

:2362: ellie is now almost 15 years old she is doing ok considering her ailments she has pancreas issues and anal gland problems is going deaf and her sight isn't good but she still enjoys a walk and loves her wafcol senior kibble we have been on holiday with her in june to the Yorkshire coast she loved it there we stayed at rushpool hall holiday lodges in saltburn by the sea the grounds were gorgeous and full of wildlife ellie enjoyed stalking the peacocks that hung around our lodge each day we loved it so much we are going again in august taking our 11yr old granddaughter with us again too elie has been katelyns friend since the day she was born so nice to take 2 good buddies on holiday with us lets hope the weather is ok when we go and so glad I have my lovely little golden oldie ellie for company each day x