Warning in the news

Discuss health issues, for example teething problems, vaccinations etc

Moderators: CarolynM, janrobinson

Ellas mum
Senior User
Senior User

Warning in the news

Post by Ellas mum »

Since we have had all this snow, Ella has had a slight upset stomach. I put it down to her licking the salt of her feet when she comes in after her walk. We always wash it off as best we can but there is always some residue left....however....this article in the news warned that the salt is mixed with some sort of antifreeze, and in some cases is making dogs very ill, so we need to be extra careful. :2010:
lynn wise
Senior User
Senior User

Re: Warning in the news

Post by lynn wise »

Oh good grief, thanks for that Jean, will be extra careful.
Linda

Post by Linda »

Hadn't heard of antifreeze being mixed in with the salt ... thanks for letting us know.
janrobinson
Rescue Co-ordinator
Rescue Co-ordinator

Post by janrobinson »

This is disgraceful. They are not supposed to put things in like this that are a danger to animals. I have had a do at the council about the the spray they use on the verges. |Coming round like spacemen with helmets and goggles and gloves and white suits to spray round lamposts and tree trunks. " Oh it';s safe they said to me" I will not write down my reply but needless to say he hurried off and I have never seen him round here since. Also the lime they used to use on playing fields to mark out the pitch they can not use that as it is dangerous. So I think I have a new project now.

Hope Ella is O K. :love4
lenny
Senior User
Senior User

Post by lenny »

Good on you Jan, bet he won't be anyhere near your house soon. :1951:
sammingtonsmythes

Post by sammingtonsmythes »

That is just dreadful!There has been a spate of dogs getting very ill and dying around Reddish in Stockport in the park.They have since found out its due to some tablets being scattered.Whether by accident or deliberate i don't know but its shocking.You have to be so careful don't you as retrievers will pick up anything.My Husband lost his beautiful Charlie to rat poison.It was some years ago but it was a terrible experience.They never found out where he picked it up. :2024:
Ellas mum
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Ellas mum »

Ella has just been to the vet for her 6 month check .....10 out of 10 and fit as a butchers dog :1942: While there, we mentioned the subject of road salt and they said they would look into it.....will wait and see if they come up with anything.
lynn wise
Senior User
Senior User

Post by lynn wise »

Good to hear that Ella's passed her M.O.T. Must be all the love and walks that she gets.

On Woodys 9th birthday, I got a letter from the Vets, would I like to take him in for his O.A.P. check up, answer hardly printable here, although I did sugest to Alison the receptionist that they might like to see me instead!!!! The boy runs me ragged, more energy than a box of monkeys. Still only 2 speeds...fast and faster.
:love4
sammingtonsmythes

Post by sammingtonsmythes »

That's annoying Lynn!How rude! :2011: xxx