Discuss health issues, for example teething problems, vaccinations etc

Moderators: CarolynM, janrobinson

lynn wise
Senior User
Senior User

One for the first aid kit

Post by lynn wise »

Just thought I would pass this on.

On our recent forays we have had one or other of the dogs getting the squits. Whilst away last week Willow started, too many windfall apples! We went into town one day to the Pets at Home store, I bought a tube of Logic paste to try, miracles of miracles, it worked just after one dose. Woody started when we got home, something smelly but delicious had been found. 2 doses and he was right as rain.
Both were fit and well other than being loose, otherwise it would have been to the Vets.
Thought this was worth a mention on here as I'm sure that we will all have dogs that can't resist treasure of the stinky sort.
There is also a paste called Pro kolin that works as well as the logic. DEFINATELY one for the first aid kit.
bentley
Senior User
Senior User

Re: One for the first aid kit

Post by bentley »

Thanks, Lynn. :1963

Wish I'd know about it a couple of weeks ago, it might have saved me £92!! :2029:
lynn wise
Senior User
Senior User

Post by lynn wise »

Gosh Lesley, £92.00, that's really steep.

We find that trips to the beach whilst we are away are a sure fire way of giving the dogs poorly tums. We have a running battle with them, trying to stop the inevitable eating of all things nasty. Last year I bought muzzles for them, not very pretty I admit, but boy do they keep the squits at bay :1945: Most people we have met know why they have them on, a running joke, " oh we know why they have those on". They do save on vet bills :1942:
One of the couples we meet in Cornwall told me about the Prokolin, always keeps it in the first aid kit, so worth a try, not cheap, but not what the vets charge. Just ordered more from our Internet suppliers.
janrobinson
Rescue Co-ordinator
Rescue Co-ordinator

Post by janrobinson »

Good tip Lynn :love4
Linda

Post by Linda »

Handy to know, thanks Lynn :thumbsup:
sammingtonsmythes