I've got a poorly little girl at the moment

Got a question about your dog? Ask it here - members will share their experiences and try to help you

Moderators: CarolynM, janrobinson

Cobi and Ginnies Mum

I've got a poorly little girl at the moment

Post by Cobi and Ginnies Mum »

Cobi is off colour at the moment, yesterday she didn't play with Ginnie and she never asked me for her dinner yesterday evening, she only ate a very small amount even though it had Tuna on it, so I cooked her some rice and she ate that. She got my Husband up a couple of times in the night to go to the toilet, but I decided to stay with her downstairs as she did not want to come upstairs with us He is at work this morning 8am which is really 7am. ( she is on our bed at the moment and is very subdued, she hasn't been sick but grumbles from time to time) she has eaten some more Tuna and rice and has been to spend a penny and tuppence (squittish) I've checked in her mouth and done the 'frisking' all over the body for anything untoward, not seen her like this before even when she was spayed she shot straight up stairs and onto our bed after coming from the vets, when she was sedated. We will be off to the vets for a full M.O.T. if no change.
janrobinson
Rescue Co-ordinator
Rescue Co-ordinator

Post by janrobinson »

Sorry to hear about Cobi, hope she is soon feeling better. It is such a worry and always at a weekend. My son's little puppy was like that on Friday so lots of phone calls to Mum. I did advise him to go to the vets which he did but they gave him some Kaolin and that was all. Anyway Archie ate some rice and a scrambled egg and seems to be on the mend perhaps there is something going round. Keep us posted. Give Cobi a big hug from me and Ginnie as well, and one for you

xx
Ellas mum
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Ellas mum »

Ella is also feeling very sorry for herself this morning. Trouble is, she will never bark to go out, so we came down to a very messy kitchen this morning. She's probably picked something up while out walking. So maybe a small amount of rice at teatime if she's ok today. Hope Cobi's better soon, they look terribly sorry for themselves don't they? :(
Cobi and Ginnies Mum

Thanks for those thoughts

Cobi makes a noise to go out Hmmmm Hmmmm which isn't the normal Hmmmm Hmmmm I usually hear it if she is downstairs, she sometimes barks, She has 'crocodile eyes' just like Jasmine did, which make her look really sad when her ears are back. Ginnie squeaks with a high pitch so we can tell the difference if they're not in our room.
She has probably picked up a bug from some 'dirty dog owner' who didn't pick his dogs c**p up!!!!

Sorry to hear Ella has an upset tummy. It's awful to come down or in to find a mess like that, some friends came over on the night boat from Jersey and their dog had to stay in their vehicle and when they came to disembark they found that she had had an accident everywhere all over the front seats, I can deal with the funny tummies and the washing and wiping down of nether regions but talking about it, oooh.
Surprise they have both come into the room whilst typing this both have waggly tails, and Cobi has just lept onto our bed, GOOD.
hairydog

Post by hairydog »

There are always bugs around this time of year Paddy had the runs the other day but I always have some Kaolin in gave him some without managing to get it all over the kitchen walls! then starved him until night time, then some chicken and rice it went down ok, a few squtties later and then things ok.You never know where the nose goes so it could be a bug,I always give it 24 hrs then its a trip to the vet...hope she is feeling better soon....
Cobi and Ginnies Mum

Cobi feeling better 'cause she battered Ginnie

Cobi is now feeling better as she has just grabbed a mouthful of Gin's throat... you can't help but worry sometimes...
Have visions of 'Kaolin' all round the walls from 'Hairydog' and Paddy with his mouth firmly shut, cursing through his clenched teeth, 'if she thinks....'

Is there anyone out there who draws cartoons, I'm sure some of our anecdotes could be made into a humerous book, just read all of the comments about grooming and where you put your free arm, I normally put my arm right underneath where you can't if it's a boy! then I can get at the tail, and feathers.An extremely firm 'stay' when tail trimming otherwise looks like I've been at them with the pinking shears! They look so indignant when you brush or trim the tail.
Ellas mum
Senior User
Senior User

BOOK.....

Post by Ellas mum »

What a super idea.

There's enough stuff on here to fill a book :D
sue

Post by sue »

hope cobi is better soon.it's awful when they are off colour.
Cobi and Ginnies Mum

Thankyou for your good wishes

Thank you for all your good wishes, I was really concerned as I've never seen her like this before, so unusual for Cobi.
Not much wrong with her this morning, very vocal and indignant at eating only rice etc., yesterday. Ginnie was wondering around her like a mother hen until Cobi bashed her with her paw and then they 'battered' each other after breakfast this morning. We are more than happy to have toys scattered everywhere again.
CarolynM
Senior User
Senior User

Post by CarolynM »

Its good when they start battering each other again :D they do bounce back really quickly which is good to see

xx
Eastonwolfs

Post by Eastonwolfs »

Glad to hear Cobi is more like her usual self, it is a worry when they go off side like that...seems like she just had an off day, for whatever reason?

But good news is nice to hear... :)