New kid on the block!!

Share your story about your rescue dog -good or bad

Moderators: CarolynM, janrobinson

jessies mum

New kid on the block!!

Post by jessies mum »

Good Morning to all. Following our annual visit to the vets with Jessie, for her booster and general health check etc ( she is fine by the way) and my vets knowing what a soft touch I am for a sob story we came away with an approximate age 16 week goldie boy. The little fella had been left at the vets tied to the railings outside three weeks ago. He had a nasty eye infection and was very under weight. My vet had called me about the little fella last week and I said I would have a think about it, my thinking didnt take long but I was concerned how Jessie would react to having another dog in the house. Take a look at the pics and judge for yourselves how jessie reacted :D !!
Not the best pics but im sure you get the idea :)
Bailey and Jess.
Ellas mum
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Ellas mum »

Hi Jessies mum,

Poor little man to be left like that, at least he was left somewhere where

he would be found quite quickly and he is young so maybe he wont

remember too much. Sometimes I think things happen for a reason,

and he's found the home he was meant to have. It's going to be fun

watching a relationship develop between the two of them :lol:

Lots of luck X
lynn wise
Senior User
Senior User

Post by lynn wise »

Hello Ann,
What a lovely story. Little lad looks as though he's landed on his feet...Once again, lovely photos. Jessie looks made up with him.
How can people do things like that, it makes my blood boil.At least
this will be A Very Happy ending..Good for you.
xxxxx
Cobi and Ginnies Mum

Glad the little lad has a good home now

Post by Cobi and Ginnies Mum »

I am so glad that the little boy dog now has a lovely home with Jessie.

How anyone could tie a dog to railings and abandon it, what a sick and cruel world we live in, there ought to be a way of tracing the previous owners, and prosecuting them under this new RSPCA law that came in about 'duty of care' and then banning them for life from owning any animal. It makes me so angry in this throw away society we live in.

Some friends rescued a lovely young black labrador over 15 years ago he was tied to railings and they called him Bailey as it was opposite a Bailey caravan dealership, he lived a very happy life with them for over 13 years .
RUSSELL

Post by RUSSELL »

Words fail me but the outcome is great for new your new little boy he is very lucky and has been given a second chance looks a loveley Goldie

Russell (Jaspers Dad)
CarolynM
Senior User
Senior User

Post by CarolynM »

What a lovely ending to what could have so easily turned into a horror story. Its unbelievable that they would leave him tied up to railings (albeit outside a vets) - words fail me

Great photos of Bailey and Jess - they look to be having fun

xx
lenny
Senior User
Senior User

Post by lenny »

Great pics, seems like little lad is now where he belongs and will have a happy and loving family to look after him. My first rescued dog Sunny was left tied to railings as well ,this scared him at first and when I tried to tie him up outside the paper shop he went mad, I made sure I never tied him up and left him again even if it was for only a minute or so. He had a good life and home from the moment we adopted him and was loved by all, so to ever it was who abandond him I say your cruelty gave me and my family many years of love and happiness and it was your loss to miss out on our sunnys happy and special life. We hope everyone in your family has as happy a time with your little lad, by the looks of things Im sure the good life has already begun.
janrobinson
Rescue Co-ordinator
Rescue Co-ordinator

Post by janrobinson »

Hi Ann, what a lovely ending to a sad tale for that very lucky young man. Can you remember Jessie did not like other dogs in the house so you have obviously laid to rest all her old ghosts now Look foward to seeing this young man grow & flourish with you

xx
jessies mum

Post by jessies mum »

Jan, yes I remember how Jessie hated other dogs in the house, she was allways fine with other dogs outside but turned into a monster if they dared to come into her house, that was one of my concerns although in saying that she has "allowed" other dogs in her house for the last 8 months or so but then they didnt "stay over" She seems to have taken to Bailey really well and plays quite happily with him, though does "tell him off" when he gets too much for her, and she has allowed him to share the bed with us :D Perhaps she knows his sad start in life!!! I will post more pics and keep you updated on our progress.
x
hairydog

Post by hairydog »

Lovely pics...look forward to seeing him grow with you ,and Jessie being "Big sister"... :)