Its a small world..

Talk about your dogs, seek advice and share experiences

Moderators: CarolynM, janrobinson

hairydog

Its a small world..

Post by hairydog »

We have just got back from a few days away in our static caravan nr the Lakes, when whilst walking round the park the other day, with our two we came across a chap with his golden...Got chatting etc and it turned out the man had just bought his caravan and its was his first time up there....telling us that his Golden and his other dog he had, were happily enjoying their break too, after several minutes of chat and my two sniffing and Paddy giving him a kiss, :oops: it turned out that his name was Jake and he was one of Jans....what a lovely boy, he was too, he had adopted him last year and he said he was wonderful and it felt like he had always been with them.

We met them again this morning whilst we were in the woods,and he looked so happy,its so nice to see them loved and enjoying life...
julie

Indeed it is!

Post by julie »

Honey usually draws an audience when she swims; one day we got chatting to another dog walker who used to have a golden that also loved a swim in the exact same spot. It turned out his boy was also one of Jan's who'd she had rehomed over 15 years earlier!

We were at a county fair in the lakes a couple of years ago where Honey made a new goldie friend; she had also found her home by Jan.

I think that it shows what a fabulous thing Jan and everyone involved does in finding new homes and families for these wonderful creatures. A million thanks again.
Cobi and Ginnies Mum

It is a small world

Post by Cobi and Ginnies Mum »

We were carvanning at New England Bay and enjoying an evening walk across the front of the beach and a couple were walking towards us with a beautiful pale retriever, we got talking as our two always wag theirs tails at other goldens, it turned out they had had their 'boy' dog from Jan barely 5 weeks, this year we exchanged Christmas cards... it's lovely like a 'happy club' we all are.
lynn wise
Senior User
Senior User

Post by lynn wise »

Last year, I had been into our local Market Town, twice in a week shopping.On both occasions. I had met people with young Golden dogs, and as you do, got into conversation with them.Both dogs had been rehomed from Jan, and what gorgeous dogs they both were. Told David on returning home. One of the dogs lives in the town, and goes each morning with his Dad for a walk, and to collect the papers. On his way back up the High Street, he calls at the sweetie stall, where the ladies give him a treat. Down the side of the stall and under the sheeting, hellos, sweetie,then back off up the High Street. A really grand lad. Not long after, we were on the moors with Timber,I said to David how nice it would be to have another Golden. When we arrived home he said "ring Jan", which I promptly did. Shortly after that call, Willow came live with us. All thanks to 2 chance encounters whilst shopping.Thankyou Jan.xx
hairydog

Post by hairydog »

Looks like Jans fame is spreading... :)
bronson

hi

Post by bronson »

We was out last Sunday at sunnyhurst wood at Darwen and we met a lady and she had a golen retreiver.We got chatting and she got hers from jan as well. Bronson had a ball pl;aying with him as bronson always thinks that everybody is his freind.
sue

Post by sue »

on walking max in lyme park near where we live i've meet two people walking goldies.after saying he is a rescue dog the first thing they said was jan robinson they had had dogs from jan also,so jan's known in this 'neck of the woods' also.