Goodbye to Bonnie

Share your story about your rescue dog -good or bad

Moderators: CarolynM, janrobinson

Paul&Carol
New User
New User

Goodbye to Bonnie

Post by Paul&Carol »

We are feeling so so sad as on Tues 21st June we had to let Bonnie go to rest. Bonnie was a beautiful, gentle, very shy girl when we picked her up just after New years Day in January 2010. She came out of her shell gradually and mixed with other dogs, but on her terms! Everyone stopped to stroke her. After a few years she actually would walk with other dogs but never out of our sight, always looking back to make sure we were there. Bonnie was 14 and we enjoyed every minute with her. It was a very sad day when we had to ket her run free. We will never ever forget Bonnie. Our hearts are broken but we must remember the happy times and be glad she isn't suffering anymore. :cry3:
OurMaisie
New User
New User

Re: Goodbye to Bonnie

Post by OurMaisie »

I am so sorry for your loss, your Bonnie sounds like our Maisie, I bet you had lots of lovely adventures that will always remain in your hearts. :love2 Our Maisie has been gone for four years now and I have only just contacted Jan about adopting a Goldie for me and my Mum :love4

Janene
janrobinson
Rescue Co-ordinator
Rescue Co-ordinator

Post by janrobinson »

Dear Paul & Carol,
I was so sorry to read of your loss of dear Bonnie,We have talked at length about how much she has meant to you and how much love she gave you so I know you are davastated by your loss. I am thinking of you Love Jan xx :cry3:
Paul&Carol
New User
New User

Post by Paul&Carol »

Hello Janene
Thank you for your post, it does help to read other people's experiences. I am totally devastated and keep wondering if I did the right thing, my husband and I had to agree to take her to the vets. It will take a while to get over her. Have you decided you would like another dog now. It is a strange thing because they're all different and lovely in their own unique way but at tbe moment I only want Bonnie or one just like her but I do know we should have any dog that needs rescuing. I hope you find another lovely golden.
Paul&Carol
New User
New User

Post by Paul&Carol »

Hello Jan
thank you for your lovely reply. In time maybe we would love another golden. I love Bonnie so much, she's irreplaceable of course, they're all different but it is a strange feeling, longing for tbe dog you knew and loved for 12 and half years.

I keep looking at the videos of her that I have, priceless.

Thank you for your lovely message Jan.