Snowy

Share your story about your rescue dog -good or bad

Moderators: CarolynM, janrobinson

lenny
Senior User
Senior User

Snowy

Post by lenny »

Hi everyone, just a line to update you on our newest addition, we have just adopted a new 7 month old golden boy called snowy,thanks once again to Jan. He is a lovley little boy and a real live wire arn't they all at that age. He is white at the moment hence the name,a bit on the thin side, and not truley house trained at the moment , not sure if this is just down to the change in his circumtances or not, but is really good on the lead and has a lovley nature, and gorgeous Getting on fairly well with Lucy he's a bit to livley for her at times, so she lets him know when she's had enough, but we are sure they will soon become inseprable. Will post pics as soon as possible. Lenny
Last edited by lenny on Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lynn wise
Senior User
Senior User

Post by lynn wise »

Hi Lenny,
What lovely news :D You've got HIS and HERS now!!! They'll settle down together fairly quickly, but the pup's always play havoc with the older dog, it's the time honored tradition I'm afraid. :lol:
All the best to you all.
The Grumpys.
Ellas mum
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Ellas mum »

Hi Lenny,

Lovely news, he sounds a little gem.
Hope everything goes well and looking forward to the photo's :D

Jean.
RUSSELL

Post by RUSSELL »

Hi Lenny

Great news can we have a photo soon would like two but we have never
dared have two may be one day. Another Goldie we with a good home

Russell
lenny
Senior User
Senior User

Snowy

Post by lenny »

Iv'e always thought two together playing looks so right, but it was a big decision and one that we needed to be sure of. It did happen quickly and nearly caused me to have second thoughts but I am already sure it was the right choice and am looking foward to both dogs forming a bond between themselves that they will have for the rest of there lives,we all have best friends, why should'nt dogs have that chance. Snowy is slowly settling in we know it will take time, but are looking foward to the joy they both will give us in the years to come. :lol:
CarolynM
Senior User
Senior User

Post by CarolynM »

Hi Lenny

Its great to hear about Snowy - Toby was almost white when he was a pup but now he is a mucky champagne colour :D

We got Amber from Jan a few months ago. Amber is about 9 so there is about 8 years between them and its lovely to see them playing in the garden together - but when she has had enough, she climbs on her window ledge for a snooze. They are inseparable, its so touching.

Looking forward to seeing the photos.
hairydog

Post by hairydog »

Well done Lenny I am sure in time they will become inseperperable its lovely to see my two playing together and running free, Lucy also teases Paddy when she can if she has something he wants she walks right past him then runs off with it, he then chases her,and play begins... :)
lenny
Senior User
Senior User

Post by lenny »

Snowy settling in well his toilet problem is almost gone just a occasional slip when hes excited, but he's calmed down a lot and is very good on most things. He is getting to know Lucy better and they play a lot together on the back garden but once or twice they get a bit out of hand,but even this is becoming less as everyday goes by.Taking Snowy to vets later to get him chiped and a general health check. Alredy seems a different dog than the one we picked up just over a week ago, he loves his cuddles and loves to sit on you or very close to you while you tickle him, and has started to creep on the bed . Think he may be trying to get a place on the bed each night as when we switch off the lights or tv he already goes to the bedroom door. As I type this he is asleep on the settee, last week he would have been at the side of me jumping up craving attention, when we first got him he followed us everywhere would not settle, would jump up at you all the time and bite you on the hands {not biting really just feeling your hands with his teeth} but most of that is gone and his real personality is now shining through, I am sure he is going to be another special dog in his own way, as was Sunny and as is Lucy, arn't we so lucky :lol:
Last edited by lenny on Sat Aug 02, 2008 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ellas mum
Senior User
Senior User

Post by Ellas mum »

Hi Lenny,

Lovely to hear Snowy is settling so well, it does'nt seem to take them long does it? I think they know when they are "home".

And yes, we are so lucky to have these wonderful dogs :D
janrobinson
Rescue Co-ordinator
Rescue Co-ordinator

Post by janrobinson »

So pleased to hear Snowy is settling down a little. It is early days yet and he has improved so much in so little time. These dogs are wonderful.
lenny
Senior User
Senior User

Post by lenny »

Just a quick addition to snowy's story he's not had chip fitted yet getting him castrated at same time on monday 30th. poor dog. After reading the latest comments on other threads, thought I would confirm Snowy is keeping up the tradition ie; shoes and socks dissapearing, everything within reach on work tops or tables taken and chewed if possible. Our sons bedroom now without his scatter cusions, chewed to bits on the back garden, which is slowly being pruned back by Snowy. Towels taken on the back also. A new one on me is toilet rolls dissapearing off the holder and being torn to shreads, and to think I used to like that advert,and finally the washing on the line ending up on the floor , apart from that he's almost an angel :twisted:
Last edited by lenny on Sat Aug 02, 2008 4:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.
lynn wise
Senior User
Senior User

Post by lynn wise »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Unorganised chaos, or what.

But you do love him so much :wink:
NikkiBN

Post by NikkiBN »

Hi

We had a retriever who was a live wire like Snowy. She certainly kept us entertained and on our toes. We still laugh at the things she used to get up to. She was very head strong but did eventually settle down.

Snowy is still in his puppy stage coupled with his instinctive retrieving nature and the result is a big bouncy bundle of mischief.
lenny
Senior User
Senior User

Post by lenny »

Snowy settled in now, Fell asleep on the bed last night, whilst I was watching tv, dont tell the wife though. Had the snip and chip operation was sleepy first night but soon back to his livley normal self, no problems at all. getting on with lucy ok now they love to play fight. Also getting used to the cat, been close to each other several times,its just when the cat moves Snowy likes the chase,but the cat always gets out of the way ,even if he caught the cat he wouldnt know what to do,and I'm sure he would be the one to come off the worst as my first dog Sunny found out with a scrach to the nose. Will try to post some photos tommorow, pestering my son to show me how, its like asking a brick wall.Snowy is a very loving dog and has a great personality, he really is going to be yet another special dog our family will be so lucky to share our lives with. :lol: