sammy

Share your story about your rescue dog -good or bad

Moderators: CarolynM, janrobinson

gbell

sammy

Post by gbell »

Hi

found this site on the letter about the fun day, its great :lol:

We adopted Sammy from Jan in 2002, we had recently lost our lovely Retriever Bill and contacted Jan to see if we could go on the list....to which she said she had a 14 month old female names Tanya that need a firm hand!!! :shock:

so we went to see her with our son, just to look of course, not to rush into anything!!! but as this wild dog came bounding out of the kennel, doing a very good tazmanian devil impression, we were lost......bless her and next thing she was in the back of the car coming home!

She didnt seem to respond to the name Tanya with us, so we tried loads out and she liked Sammy!

she's now 4 and a half, is still mad as a hatter, despite dog classes and a private tainer lol, it was very funny she knew exactly what she was doing there :lol:

But we love her to bits, she is so much part of our family, has a lovely friendly nature and is a happy dog.

She comes to work with me to my office and we visit the local park before work and at lunch time where she has lots of friends

Eastonwolfs

Post by Eastonwolfs »

How lovely to hear your story...you don't often hear of girls called Sammy but the name really suits her...she looks a right lovable character and full of mischief!!

Lovely pictures too!
hairydog

Post by hairydog »

Sounds like my Lucy who opens doors! pinches food when you arnt looking, :o has just been walking round the garden with a sock in her mouth, as if to say "look at me" oh yes they are characters, and we love them.. :lol: she looks lovely and thanks for giving her a lovely home...
lulu's mum

Post by lulu's mum »

Ooh, what a lovely girl! Both great photos.
beaverboy

Post by beaverboy »

Ha ha ha! I take it your dog likes the snow! Sandy likes the snow! When ever it snows we all go outside and throw snowballs for him! Its funny though because he tries to eat them! he he! :lol:
janrobinson
Rescue Co-ordinator
Rescue Co-ordinator

Sammy

Post by janrobinson »

hello Sammy's mum

I have at last got round to looking at some of the pictures and thank you so much for the lovely ones pf Sammy. I especially like the wet one just as a Golden loves to be except if it's wet from a bath. That's a No No usually. Too clean. :roll: She's worth all the hard work.

Jan
hug for Sammy. apologise to her for me as I think I wrote the wrong name on the letter to you.